PDA

View Full Version : A wassailing we shall go!

Trey45
12-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Tis the season gents for warm drinks by the evening fire. I made wassail last week and introduced the neighbors to it for the first time, they're hooked, and I think you will enjoy it too.

1 Gallon of apple cider (not juice, but cider)
1 6oz can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 Quart pineapple juice (I prefer strained, you may like pulp)
8-10 Cinnamon sticks
25-30 Whole cloves
A pinch of nutmeg is optional.

Either on low heat on the stove top, or better yet in a crock pot on lowest possible setting combine all the juices, wait until the frozen concentrate has dissolved and add the spices, stir, cover and simmer, never let it reach a full boil, a slight simmer is all you want or need, Stir it maybe once an hour, just enough to keep it mixed good. Your best bet is to start this concoction in the early afternoon and serve it in the evening. Strain out the cloves and cinnamon sticks before serving.
This can be refridgerated and warmed up all over again if you don't drink it all the first night.

Some people add alcohol to it, and usually a jigger per cup is about perfect. (Add a jigger when served, don't polute the whole batch, kids like this stuff too!)

I tried for the first time Fireball Cinamon Whisky in some, if you like cinamon, you'll really like this mix.