PDA

View Full Version : Any Scopes on a new Rossi 92?

Gray Fox
12-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Have any of you yet put a scope on one of the new pre-drilled Rossi 92s?

I just got a Rossi 16" .357 for the wife and it looks like even one of Steve's Gunz apertures will not rectify her astigmatism-related sighting problems.

Looking for a possible solution, I held up my scoped Blackhawk at the approximate eye relief of where a Weave mount wold be on the carbine and the distance was too short. Then I tried my Simmons shotgun scope and the eye relief distance was too long.

I hate the idea of batteries as well as the too big to me MOA red dot, but I'm about to the point of trying a red dot scope. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks, GF

Te Hopo
12-09-2011, 04:05 PM

I just got a Rossi 16" .357 for the wife and it looks like even one of Steve's Gunz apertures will not rectify her astigmatism-related sighting problems.

Looking for a possible solution, I held up my scoped Blackhawk at the approximate eye relief of where a Weave mount wold be on the carbine and the distance was too short. Then I tried my Simmons shotgun scope and the eye relief distance was too long.

I hate the idea of batteries as well as the too big to me MOA red dot, but I'm about to the point of trying a red dot scope. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks, GF
A friend of mine has this scope (Bushnell Elite. (http://www.bushnell.com/products/scopes/riflescopes/eliteHandgun/EH2632/)) mounted on the rail of his much modified Rossi .357 and has found it to be great.
Originally he had a red dot on there and found the dot too big and battery life too short when you forget to turn it off.

fecmech
12-09-2011, 04:07 PM
I have a cheapy 2X BSA pistol scope on my 92 carbine for load development and to date have left it on. The scope and mount only add 9 oz. to the gun so they're not that big of a deal. I have another 92 (24" .357) with a tang sight on it and my Winchester 94 has a Williams FP. Some of the smaller dot sights with 4 moa dots like the Millet or Bushnell TRS-25 would work also and be even lighter, both can be had for about $80..

http://www.bushnell.com/products/scopes/riflescopes/reddot/731303/

Here is mine with the scope on it.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=134120

pricedo
12-09-2011, 10:44 PM

Thanks, GF

I mounted a 2-6x33mm Bushnell Trophy pistol scope on the barrel of a Chiappa 92 in .44 Mag with the QD Warne rings & can pull the scope off & switch to iron sights in seconds.

This is a compact scope with excellent clear optics & works like a charm.