PDA

View Full Version : paint shaker tumbler?

edsmith
12-09-2011, 12:29 AM
has any one used a paint shaker as a tumbler? I was at the hardware store today, the paint shaker was running, got me to wonder if one of them would work as a wet or dry tumbler. just a thought.:bigsmyl2:

bigjason6
12-09-2011, 12:31 AM
I think the brass would get pretty beat up in a paint shaker.

rsrocket1
12-09-2011, 12:35 AM
The tricky part is that the cases need to circulate through the media. Since they are heavier than walnut/corn cob, they will just sit at the bottom unless something encourages them to move up. The curved bottom of a vibratory tumbler does this. A drum tumbler obviously does this too provided there are "paddles" to catch the brass.

Couldn't hurt trying tho. Stick a bunch in a can and shake it up. Let us know how they turn out. Just don't use anything valuable in case the brass comes out with bent case mouths. :groner:

220swiftfn
12-09-2011, 01:21 AM
has any one used a paint shaker as a tumbler? I was at the hardware store today, the paint shaker was running, got me to wonder if one of them would work as a wet or dry tumbler. just a thought.:bigsmyl2:

I think the brass would get pretty beat up in a paint shaker.

I agree, too violent........

Dan

shotman
12-09-2011, 01:25 AM
If you could slow it down some, it would work with the newer plastic paint cans

bigjason6
12-09-2011, 06:05 AM
What kind of paint shaker is it anyways? The kind that can do five gallon buckets or just the one gallon cans?

Baron von Trollwhack
12-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Not dry, liquid, to moderate the ultra-vibration ?

BvT

edsmith
12-09-2011, 06:42 PM
I was thinking the one gallon size, and plastic container, Baron, I am thinking that using lquid would cut down on the violence. but I don't think I want to spend $100 on a shaker to find out.:bigsmyl2:

W.R.Buchanan
12-11-2011, 08:23 PM
If you could control the speed of the motor with a rheostat and could slow it down you might have something. At full speed it would just beat hell out of your cases.

Also you need to get it cheap.

Randy