PDA

View Full Version : Peanut butter balls

DLCTEX
12-08-2011, 08:48 PM
My youngest son is crazy for this recipe. 3/4 cup crushed Graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup honey, 1/2 cup peanut butter. Combine ingredients well, pinch off quarter size or larger lump and roll between your hands to form a ball. Continue until all is rolled. Place on wax paper and chill in fridge. Enjoy! Some family members say they are better after 2 or 3 hours chilling time. Son doesn't know as he eats them after only 30 minutes.

Tom-ADC
12-08-2011, 09:16 PM
My wife makes "Buckeye's" at Christmas time like a round Reeses peanut butter cup.

SciFiJim
12-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Tom, can you post your wife's recipe for "Buckeye's"? Sounds like it would be a great addition to the plates of goodies we give away at Christmas.

Tom-ADC
12-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Jim will do in the morning.

justingrosche
12-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the recipes. Now down to the serious stuff, does any one have a good recipe for Rum Balls? My rum ball maker has since passed away with out passing along her recipe.

SSGOldfart
12-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Tom, can you post your wife's recipe for "Buckeye's"? Sounds like it would be a great addition to the plates of goodies we give away at Christmas.

yep I'd really like that one myself:lol:

Tom-ADC
12-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Ingredients

1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 cups confectioners' sugar
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Directions

In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, vanilla and confectioners' sugar. The dough will look dry. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
Press a toothpick into the top of each ball (to be used later as the handle for dipping) and chill in freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until smooth.
Dip frozen peanut butter balls in chocolate holding onto the toothpick. Leave a small portion of peanut butter showing at the top to make them look like Buckeyes. Put back on the cookie sheet and refrigerate until serving.

Stick_man
12-18-2011, 01:35 AM
We just got done with our Christmas goodies plates... Over 35 lbs of chocolate, 8 different flavors of cream fillings plus the usual cherry cordials. It is a labor of love, passed down over the generations in my wife's family. Flavors this year included chocolate cinnamon, strawberry, lime, lemon, watermellon, blackberry, raspberry, and orange. It has taken 3weekends (about 75 man-hours) to get it done, and a small fortune for the supplies.

dale2242
12-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Drool Drool That stuff sounds SOOO good.
Friends wife made me some Bourbon Balls.
Yummy...dale