PDA

View Full Version : Fried catfish

fourarmed
02-23-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm heading for the house in a little over an hour, and we are having fried catfish for supper. I thought I would share my recipe, as it has reformed a lot of non-fish-eaters over the years. Works just as well with bass or crappie.

Garlic powder
Dill weed
Cayenne pepper
Can of beer
Flour
Catfish

Cut 2 or 3 pounds of catfish filets into bite-sized pieces, and dry on paper towels. In a large bowl put a cup of flour, a couple of TBSP each of garlic powder and dill weed. Add as much cayenne as you think you can get away with, and start stirring in the beer. Stop when the mixture SLOWLY drips off the spoon. If it won't fall off, add a little more beer. If it runs off, add more flour. Dump the fish in the bowl and stir until thoroughly coated. Deep fry a few pieces at a time so they don't clump together or cool the oil excessively.

DLCTEX
03-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Does it not need salt? I am interested because I am allergic to corn, and most southern recipies use corn meal. DALE

jballs918
03-17-2007, 12:12 PM
dake that is awful that you cant have corn. catfish in corn eal is fro the gods. now this recipe doesnt look to be to bad either

DLCTEX
03-17-2007, 03:46 PM
I eat my catfish using a recipie with cracker crumbs, which is good. We go out to eat with friends regularly at a place near by that has all you can eat catfish, but they use corn meal, so I am forced to eat their fine ribeye. That's suffering in comfort. DALE