PDA

View Full Version : 9mm 1911 for cast

Aldeer
02-23-2007, 05:02 PM
What do you all like in a full size 9mm 1911? I've got my eye on a STI Trojan right now. Any body got experience with that one?

Aldeer

Treeman
02-23-2007, 09:56 PM
I don't know.... with a name like Trojan it might only shoot condom bullets.

HEE HEE.

KYCaster
02-24-2007, 12:56 AM
I've handled two new Trojans in the last couple of weeks and I'm impressed! Absolutely the tightest frame to slide fit I've seen in a production gun that will work 100% right out of the box. You have to spend several hundred dollars more to get the same features and quality any where else.

IMO the only better value in 1911's now is STI's Spartan. At about three hundred less than the Trojan, you'd have to be a grand master shooter to take advantage of any difference in the way they shoot.

Just got back from their website....WOW....they've just introduced the TEXICAN....a Colt SAA clone from the looks of it. I'll have to start saving up my pennies and dimes for one of those.

Ummmm.....this is starting to sound like an STI ad. No....I don't work for them or sell their products. Just an unsolicitied testimonial:-D

FWIW
Jerry

BTW....why 9mm?

9.3X62AL
02-24-2007, 02:15 AM
A few years ago, I got a chance to fire a Springfield Loaded 1911A1 variant in 9mm. It was very lead-friendly, and after running 200 rounds through it.....it might have been the most accurate 9mm I've ever fired. It was box-stock, too.

The 1911A1 platform size may be a little big for the 9mm, but so is the Beretta 92 series pistol.

Lloyd Smale
02-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Ive got a trojan 9mm and its one of my most accurate 1911s and is no doubt the most reliable 1911 ive ever owned. What my gun really likes is the rcbs 122 round nose and the just about identical 115 rcbs round nose. Only differnce in the two bullets is the size of the base. I use a 9lb spring and 3.8 grians of bullseye with that bullet and it will shoot into an inch on a bad day! In my opinion the trojans are one of the best made and fitted 1911s at any price. Only thing i had to learn was with the mild recoil and the light load you cant use grease on the slide just oil as the grease slows down the slide to much. It probably wouldnt matter if a guy was shooting factory ammo with the stock spring.