PDA

View Full Version : Boolit for 38 55

walkswithsticks
12-05-2011, 05:06 PM
I need some advice on boolit selection.

I will be shooting a Uberti High Wall in 38 55. The barrel measures 373/379 with a 1:18 twist.

I have a ream of 9# Onion Skin on order from The Paper Mill Store. After I practice with it a bit to see how much diameter it adds, I should know my boolit diameter.

I will mostly shoot on the 100 yd range, with a try now and again at 200 and 300 yd. Health and eyesight are humbling factors, but there is always the big fun factor.

I know that my rifle has a personality of its own, but knowing a boolit of proven success does make for a good starting point. Old West Bullet Molds seems to have an attractive price. Any thoughts on them?

Any advise is appreciated.

Bill

Chill Wills
12-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Bill wrote:I know that my rifle has a personality of its own, but knowing a boolit of proven success does make for a good starting point. Old West Bullet Molds seems to have an attractive price. Any thoughts on them?

Old West makes great moulds and at a great price. Their moulds have been used in BPCR silhouette matchs to win championships. Also lever rifle molds are very good too. You will need to call Bernie for good information. His web site is thin. :wink:

Don McDowell
12-05-2011, 06:40 PM
I don't know if Bernie makes a paper patch mould for your rifle, if he doesn't you may want to take a look at one of these.
http://www.buffaloarms.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=236301&CAT=4160