PDA

View Full Version : LBT Hardness Tester

GSaltzman
12-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Question I have is concerning the pin that holds the indicator in place. The pin came out at some point while moving and has been lost. I have replaced with a makeshift pin but it really doesn't fit good. I'm pretty sure my reading are a bit off. Can anyone tell me the diameter of the pin? I can't recall if the pin fills up the coiled section or not. Have not checked with Veral yet to see if I can buy a replacement. Worried I would have to spend $100 for a new one. Thanks!

Pepe Ray
12-05-2011, 03:27 PM
My pin measures .116" as close as I can hold. There's not much space for the knife edges of my calipers and the spring is a close fit. Not much slop. Only enough space to allow the movement necessary for a free swing.
It amazes me that you could have lost such a securely installed pin with out severe damage to the frame,
Pepe Ray

GRUMPA
12-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Mine checks out at. 122 dia. Mine dates to the early 90's and the pin has a brass color about it.

GSaltzman
12-05-2011, 04:52 PM
The thing is there is no damage to the frame at all. Just like it fell apart. With the pin I was trying out there is alot of slop through the coiled section. It looks like it will work fine just that with the slop it causes the indicator to cock over and not travel freely like it should. Appreciate the input fella's.

.30/30 Guy
12-05-2011, 06:00 PM
I too am having trouble getting anything in beside the spring to measure the diameter of the pin. I am getting 1/8" diameter for the pin. There is not much play between the diameter of the pin and the inside diameter of the spring.