PDA

View Full Version : turkey fryer

Dustinxxx
12-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Ok i have never used one, and acquired one from a friend. But i am having some problems with it.. I pretty much cant get it to light.. I attach the regulator to the propane tank. light it and all i get is this tiny blue flame on burner.. like its not getting gas, but i have the valve to propane tank all the way open and the valve on hose all the way open.. any suggestions?.

pergoman
12-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Mine has a silly safety timer which must be set and a thermocouple button which must be pushed and held for about 10 seconds in order to light.

220swiftfn
12-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Wrong regulator???

Dan

Echo
12-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Sounds like a wrong regulator to me...

Dustinxxx
12-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Well he said its been sitting for about 2yrs.. but it worked perfect when he ran last time.. same regulator.. im thinking maybe it just needs to be throughly cleaned.. hopefully

Faret
12-05-2011, 01:23 AM
Try turning the tank off till you hear a tink then back on slowly. Some of the tanks have a safety valve on them. Should only take about 5 seconds.

lesharris
12-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Spiders love propane lines as places to make webs etc.
Check the lines and the actual burner openings.
Maybe blow out with the air compressor.
Also check the burner unit air regulator.
Mine started to not give off as much heat/flame,sure enough the screw on the air adjustment became loose.
Once I adjusted the air mix again the unit was back to normal.

Dustinxxx
12-05-2011, 09:46 PM
well figured out the problem.. i asked him a few questions then emailed him a pic of what i thought was wrong, and sure enough he remembered the regulator was bad, anyone know where to get a new (on the cheaper side) regulator?

reload68
12-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Look at the cajun cooking and turkey fryer online stuff. Be sure to get at least a 15lb regulator. The ones for grills (1-5lbs) will make for a slow smelt.

Jim Flinchbaugh
12-06-2011, 02:13 AM
our local Ace stores as well as the ranch stores sells the regulators

Oreo
12-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Any home improvement store should have them- lowes, home depot, etc.

Try to get the same flow rate as the old one. Shouldn't be hard sin e I've only ever seen two sizes.

Dustinxxx
12-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Success, got the burner to work today, melted my first batch without a problem.. They didnt have an dutch oven at the goodwill store i went to but they had a stanless steel stock pot with handles.. so i figured i would try that until i find a dutch oven. and plus it didnt have a price tag on it so they gave it to me for a dollar lol..thanks for all the advice fellas.