PDA

View Full Version : Looking for feedback

1in9twist
12-03-2011, 05:13 AM
Hi Guys.

I have been fabricating accessories for reloading presses for a while now, my next project, (Besides a top secret one for a member here) is an adjustable "Strong mount". It will be adjustable front to back, and up and down. However, I am not sure how high to make it adjustable to. Base height is about 3"

Thoughts?

Thanks
Dan
Inline Fabrication

Kevin Rohrer
12-03-2011, 10:28 AM
The Strong Mount raises the 550B 8.5". Maybe 6-12" or 9-15"?

Ickisrulz
12-03-2011, 02:42 PM
From reading responses to "bench height" questions on this forum, I'd say many people make their benches 6-8 inches too short for comfortable work. I'd guess you'd be in the ballpark offering 5-12 inches of adjustment.

LUBEDUDE
12-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Great Idea!

I'll take one.

( I just ordered one of your Dillon levers an hour ago.)

1in9twist
12-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Great Idea!

I'll take one.

( I just ordered one of your Dillon levers an hour ago.)

Nice! You will enjoy that roller! :wink:

Sonnypie
12-06-2011, 12:43 PM
I want to be able to sit at my benches.
But find myself standing mostly...
So I almost think I really need a bench. As in something even lower. My benches as now are 35-36" high.
But my furnace is about a foot higher. (But still stooping a little to see the sprue hole well.

One thing that has come to mind was one of those motorcycle lifts. Set it at a comfortable height and lock it in.

Some operations can be sitting though.
And I have enough room that my stuff is all mounted as I like it.

Uhh, don't tell anybody though. It's a secret. :groner:

lbaize3
12-06-2011, 12:57 PM
How about making the strong mount height adjustable? Some bench legs have holes at various locations that allow you to adjust the bench height. Maybe you could do the same with the strong mount?

Gee, now that I have re-read your post, I see you are already doing that. And I thought I had such a good idea....

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
12-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Make it available for more presses as well, including:

RCBS Pro 2000
Hornady LnL
Lee's bigger progressive

As an after thought, make a roller handle for the RCBS Pro 2000, I notice you don't list it on your website.