PDA

View Full Version : Goodies waiting at LGS/love them 32's

Olevern
12-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Been busy with first week of deer season (no luck yet, although passed over several little bucks) so just got to the LGS after dark today to pick up two transfers from out of state, a Ruger three screw single six in .22 and a Ruger Bisley 32 H&R magnum.

Bought them some time ago and arranged for shipping to my LGS.

The three screw has adj. sites and joins an earlier three screw with fixed, the .32 H&R mag is my second Bisley in that cal., but the first I had drilled and tapped for a scope mount (this done in the late 80's) and it wears a Burris 2X scope, will keep this one stock, hoping I can shoot with irons again following cataract surgury.

Have not taken pics yet, hope to get some and add to this thread either when deer season is over or I connect with a suitable buck.

Until then, wiped them down and placed them in one of the gun safes.

I really like those little 32 H&R Ruger single actions, if I remember correctly, this will be the forth one in my safes and I also own a Smith and Wesson 631 kit gun in that caliber, as well as the newer Blackhawk 327.

Have various other 32's, the crown jewel is the K-32.

Maybe I will put them all together for a family photo.

Photos added

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Olevern/DSC_7813res.jpg

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Olevern/DSC_7814res.jpg

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Olevern/32twoweb.jpg

Note: family photo includes two 32 bisleys (one scoped), one 6 1/2" 32 Single Six adj site, one 4 5/8" single six, adj site, one S&W 631 kit gun, one S&W j frame fixed site 32 S&W long, one Ruger Vacarito, fixed site, and, the crown jewell: one S&W K-32. Missing from the photo is my .327 Blackhawk, forgot it was in the den as I have been working up loads for it.

There is my 32 family, may none of them (or me) ever grow up.

TheGrimReaper
12-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Family photo would be nice. .32's are neat.

NoZombies
12-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Definitely sounds like time for a family photo! There's a "show off your .32's" thread in the first few pages of this section too.

Olevern
12-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Will work on a 'family photo' of my 32's, perhaps can get it done tomorrow after church.

OuchHot!
12-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the fine foto! Just call me jealous as hell. I hope that you don't discriminate against 32-20? I think that you need a SnW or maybe a new USFA in 32-20.

Green Frog
12-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Been busy with first week of deer season (no luck yet, although passed over several little bucks) so just got to the LGS after dark today to pick up two transfers from out of state, a Ruger three screw single six in .22 and a Ruger Bisley 32 H&R magnum.

Bought them some time ago and arranged for shipping to my LGS.

The three screw has adj. sites and joins an earlier three screw with fixed, the .32 H&R mag is my second Bisley in that cal., but the first I had drilled and tapped for a scope mount (this done in the late 80's) and it wears a Burris 2X scope, will keep this one stock, hoping I can shoot with irons again following cataract surgury.

Have not taken pics yet, hope to get some and add to this thread either when deer season is over or I connect with a suitable buck.

Until then, wiped them down and placed them in one of the gun safes.

I really like those little 32 H&R Ruger single actions, if I remember correctly, this will be the forth one in my safes and I also own a Smith and Wesson 631 kit gun in that caliber, as well as the newer Blackhawk 327.

Have various other 32's, the crown jewel is the K-32.

Maybe I will put them all together for a family photo.

Note: family photo includes two 32 bisleys (one scoped), one 6 1/2" 32 Single Six adj site, one 4 5/8" single six, adj site, one S&W 631 kit gun, one S&W j frame fixed site 32 S&W long, one Ruger Vacarito, fixed site, and, the crown jewell: one S&W K-32. Missing from the photo is my .327 Blackhawk, forgot it was in the den as I have been working up loads for it.

There is my 32 family, may none of them (or me) ever grow up.

So how is the load development for the .327 BH coming along? I'm supposed to pick mine up at lunch time today and am just chomping at the bit to get started playing with it!! :Fire:

I'll try and gather up my widespread family of .32s after the new "brother" gets here. I don't have as many, but I do have a disparate enough grouping to make it interesting, I hope. ;)

Froggie

"They can make me grow older but they can never make me grow up!!"

NoZombies
12-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Nice looking "family" there!

Olevern
12-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Green Frog,
I am only looking for heavy hunting loads for my 327 as I own quite a number of 32 H&R mag revolvers for the lighter stuff.

So far, near max loads with 2400 and AA#9 are showing real promise with the Hornady 100 grain jacketed bullet.

Probably will not work up cast boolit loads with this one as my 32 H&R handguns have that covered.

mjackson
12-15-2011, 12:24 AM
Talking about these .32's is killing me! I still have two more days to wait before I can pickup my first revolver. Mine, also is chambered in .32, but Long. Curse California's ten day wait period, AAAHHHH!!!

Olevern
12-15-2011, 11:49 AM
mjackson,
sorry you have to live in commefornia, plenty of room up here in northcentral Pa., come on up!

Enjoy that 32!

rbertalotto
12-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Yup..........I'm a 32 H&R nut also............

Marlin 1884 Lever Action Cowboy
Ruger SP101
S&W 16
Single 6 Bisley
Single 6 SS
Single 6 (Bill Jordan's gun!)
10" Octagon Barrel for TC
14" Bull barrel for TC

Great little cartridge!

Olevern
12-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Got a picture of your 32 "family", Roy? Sure would like to see them.