PDA

View Full Version : Adding Target Knobs to Williams FoolProof

ohland
12-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Ran into a bit of a pickle trying to add the long Target Knobs to a non-TK model.

The elevation knob length is not critical, since any extra length passes through the bottom of the base.

The windage knob length IS critical since the screw length is limited by the elevation screw. Something I learned while pondering why the windage screw would not seat.

Measure the windage screw from top of the original screw to the tip of the screw.

If it is @ 1.10" long, it uses the normal windage screw.
Target Windage Knob, Short Williams # 15753

If it is @1.25" long, it uses the LONG Target Knob windage screw.
Target Windage Knob, Long Williams # 15752

YMMV

:coffee:

W.R.Buchanan
12-01-2011, 10:26 PM
If you install the thumb knob style pinch screw that locks the elevation slide you will have to modify the length on it also. It is a one size fits all type of thing. I have several, and all are different depending when the sight as actually made.

Randy

ohland
12-02-2011, 11:05 AM
If you install the thumb knob style pinch screw that locks the elevation slide you will have to modify the length on it also. It is a one size fits all type of thing. I have several, and all are different depending when the sight as actually made.

Randy

Right on with the length. Found that Midway, Brownell's or Williams has them for @ 8$. Some guy on ebuy wanted $10 each...