PDA

View Full Version : New rings improved my group?

Jim
12-01-2011, 05:08 PM
The rings I had on the Cricket were those kind that have the little sheetmetal 'hand' that catches onto the rimfire groove. I installed a set of vertically split rings that clamp on using Allen screws above the scope and below, at the cleavage which catches the grooves on the base adapter.

I think it made a difference. Maybe not. Maybe I just had a good day.

I know one thing, for sure and certain: It's on me now. No more excuses.
http://maliaphotos.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/p1010001-e1322773512104.jpg

shotman
12-01-2011, 06:43 PM
thats better than last group

Tom-ADC
12-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Nice grouping. I like the Burris Signature rings, although if I buy some else that needs a scope I'll use DNZ Game-Reaper one piece mount/rings

Jim
12-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Well, Tom, I didn't really have a lot of cash to sink into this. After all, it's just a Cricket I use to hunt 'coons with. Seems to shoot pretty good, though, with that Aguila stuff.

Trey45
12-01-2011, 09:07 PM
and you can't even see the powder burns on the target!

oneokie
12-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Someone must have told him about stacking the targets................................

Jim
12-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Gran'daddy used to tell me "It don't take long to figger out who your friends are." :bigsmyl2:

Tom-ADC
12-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Jim no offense but you get what you pay for when it comes to rings & mounts.
If I owned a Cricket it would have these rings. But then I like the Wal Mart CenterPoint scopes on rimfires.

Ickisrulz
12-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Going from Millett angle-locs to Leupold steel rimfire rings on my CZ452 improved my groups.

Jim
12-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Oh, no, Tom, I'm not the least bit offended by any means! I took your post as a simple comment to mine, that's all. And I agree completely. You do get what you pay for.

I had cheap rings on the rifle and the scope started doin' stuff it ain't supposed to. I changed the rings and not only did I get the scope bonded to the rifle, the group tightened up beyond my wildest dreams.

The rifle itself is inexpensive. The scope mount comes from Cricket and if you wanna put a scope on a Cricket, you use what they make or have one custom milled. The only two variables I can control is the brand of rings and the scope.

I bought this rifle exclusively to hunt 'coons with. Lookin' at the target and takin' into account the average distance I might be shooting, I'd say It oughta do jes' fine.

As for being upset or offended, rest your mind, Sir. Me an' you don't have no problem.