PDA

View Full Version : New TV show and one of our members appeared

MakeMineA10mm
12-01-2011, 03:05 AM
"Ready, Aim, Sold" premiered tonight on Discovery Channel, and I happen to know that CB member DCP was shown (for about 2.5 seconds [smilie=l: ). The show follows a premier firearms auction house acquiring and selling cool firearms. I happened to be with DCP when the TV crew interviewed him, but I'm camera shy... Unfortunately, the interview with DCP didn't air, but they showed him examining the item of his interest at the last auction: an M1903 Colt General Officer's pistol.

Gee, now that he's famous and all, I wonder if he'll still talk to me....

(Probably, if I soothe his ego by asking for an autograph!) [smilie=s: :bigsmyl2:

:redneck:

Here's a link to a story about the show: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/11/robert-farago/discovery-channels-ready-aim-sold-airs-next-tues-10pm/

gabe123
12-01-2011, 04:52 AM
Yeah, I watched it. I was kind of dreading it cause I thought it would be like the others with all the "drama" . I was pleased that it was very informative and entertaining. Showed everyone in a good light. Have the DVR set to record future episodes. I still watch the other "shows" only because they have guns.:lovebooli

MakeMineA10mm
12-01-2011, 08:14 AM
I hear ya. A large part of my reluctance to speak with them was because I was getting a vibe that they might not portray gunowners in a good light. I'm going to the next auctions preview today, and I think I'm going to give the producer a good feedback for avoiding the sillyness and drama.

Looking back, after seeing the pilot, I think the vibe was just pressure the producer felt to make sure there was enough usable footage for the show. I didn't see anything that construed gunowners in a bad light.

ErikO
12-01-2011, 11:03 AM
As long as it's better than the Barrett-Jackson car auction shows it should be good. I'll have to check this out.

I have family that live near the Rock Island Arsenal auction house, may just need to pay closer attention to when they have a doing at RIA again. Auctions are fun, not everything goes for a gazillion dollars. :)

1Shirt
12-01-2011, 01:37 PM
2.5 seconds! Thought the standard for fame was 15 seconds, or maybe 15 minutes--------What ever!!!
1Shirt!

DCP
12-01-2011, 06:40 PM
I happened to be with DCP when the TV crew interviewed him, but I'm camera shy... Unfortunately, the interview with DCP didn't air, but they showed him examining the item of his interest at the last auction: an M1903 Colt General Officer's pistol.

:

:redneck:

Here's a link to a story about the show: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/11/robert-farago/discovery-channels-ready-aim-sold-airs-next-tues-10pm/

but I'm camera shy... :holysheep Ill say you two were moving about 2000 fps and must have disappeared into a berm

I here by promise not to let this go to my head.[smilie=w:
I would like a heads up on when I will be on again :popcorn: please

MakeMineA10mm
12-02-2011, 08:58 PM
I recorded it on the DVR, so you can come tomorrow night and watch it.

Upon looking at it again (to play it for Sharon), it was more like 1.5 seconds... [smilie=l:

Charlie Two Tracks
12-02-2011, 09:45 PM
I didn't get to watch it last night. Past my bedtime. I only live about 20 miles from there. I've never stopped in.