PDA

View Full Version : Crs

waksupi
06-19-2005, 12:10 PM
Had a brain fart this morning. I decided I was going to mold up some .600 RB from a new mold I won on Ebay. Heated up the pot, and was ready to go. But, couldn't find the mold. Searched high and low, went through the garbage, cleaned the cabin far more than usual, looking for it. Finally figured out, it was one I had bought on Ebay, and it hasn't arrived yet. Duh. I'd got one in from an auction last week, and was thinking it was this one. I think I'll go look for the Easter eggs I hid this spring.

Willbird
06-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Ginko helps with that hehe

Bill

BruceB
06-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Don't feel too bad, Ric, you're not the only one.

I have an ever-changing list hanging over my bench called the "Need to Cast List", where I jot down the designs that I'm running out of, and hence "Need to Cast" some more bullets of that design.

One day a few months back I noticed that 311413 had worked its way to the top of the list, so I did just what you reported....cleared the work area, started the pot heating, gathered up ingots and tools and equipment....and only then started looking for the mould.

After several hours (I swear!) of turning the place upside down and shaking it, I FINALLY remembered that I'd SOLD the blasted mould some time before!

....And, that's the reason I now have the 4-cavity 311413 instead of the ancient single-banger which I'd sold.

CRS is a-gainin' on me..... (remember the quote from Satchel Paige..."Don't look back; somethin' may be gaining on ya!)

flhroy
06-19-2005, 04:06 PM
Doctor put me on Ginko-******. Said it will help me remember what the F%@# I'm doing

Wayne Smith
06-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Just today I fired up the pure lead pot to cast some .41 Colt heeled bullets. While I had it hot I figured I'd cast some .490 rb's for my best friend, just got him the mold but he doesn't cast (yet!). Looked all through my molds, not to be found. Finally decided he'd probably taken it with him, even though I new he hadn't. Went out to turn off the stove and there it was, box and everything, beside the Coleman. Must have looked at it half a dozen times and never saw it. Can't claim CRS, but ADD certainly!

arkypete
06-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Here in central Virginia, during the summer, it's seldom pleasant enough to really look forward to casting all day long. Today was one of those days that God made for casting bullets.
So my shooting pard and I get down to the loading shed, drag out the pots the proper gear with casting mind. We do all the expected prelude while the pots heat up. Well the sky clouds up and rains.
We unplug and cover the pots get the molds under cover and ther sun comes out. So we head back to casting, sit down and it starts to rain, so we do our dance again. The sun comes out, we go out, the rains come.
Grumbling and casting aspersions on who ever is in charge of rain, we call it quits.
My pard got a bunch of 45acps done and I sized bunches of 308s and 375 Whelen cases in prep for loading later this week.
I need to build a roof over the casting table.
Jim

waksupi
06-19-2005, 11:36 PM
I figured since I couldn't cast the ball I wanted, I'd do some shooting. So, I loaded up some 8mm, and headed for the Rocky Mountain Ballistics Research Laboratory. (Read, my old shooting shack.)
I opened the front window, it got away from me, and broke the glass out. So, I picked up glass from tall grass for ten minutes or so.
Then I hauled trash to the dumpsters, and didn't even find anything worth dragging home. I need to dump my garbage in the more affluent neighborhoods. Better shopping at the more uppity green box malls.