PDA

View Full Version : Mauser trigger guards

rtracy2001
11-29-2011, 10:48 PM
I was thinking of making a hinged floorplate/trigger guard for my sporterized K. Kale Turkish Mauser:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t23/tracraym/finished308.jpg

Not wanting to start hacking on my only trigger guard without a replacement (in case I screw up) I looked an found what was supposed to be a trigger guard for a mauser 98 on eBay ($5.00 incluing shipping). Well when I test fitted it, the rear screw hole is about 1/16 inch too far forwar and the back of the magazine well is too wide to fit between the action rails.

Is this new trigger guard for some other mauser model, or is it just another variant of the model 98?

Oh, the original Turk trigger guar does not use locking screws, but the suspect guard does.

(Figured this would go better here than in gunsmithing as it isn't a tip or a trick, just info on a milsurp)

EDIT: Oh, just wen own to the gun room and ouble checked. Looks like my memory is going bad, it was closer to 1/4" not 1/16. I'm thinking it is from a ifferent model, not a variant. So what model would it be?

greywuuf
11-30-2011, 12:14 AM
what is the center to center distance on the "new" one ? I have a small ring turk that is missing one ...Might be interested if it fits

Dan

rtracy2001
11-30-2011, 12:26 AM
what is the center to center distance on the "new" one ?

Eyeballing it with a tape measure (most precise instrument on hand at the moment) it looks like 7 5/8" center to center.

greywuuf
11-30-2011, 12:55 AM
Using a flexible yardstick .. that is the same measurement I get on my Small ring.... Wanna sell it ?

Mk42gunner
11-30-2011, 01:04 AM
7 5/8" sounds like the distance between screws for a 93-96 Mauser. I tried to measure my '93, but couldn't find my tape measure, a four foot level is just a little bit awkward to use.

One of the stock companies on the net had a good description of the different Mauser actions and their trigger guards, it has been a few years and at least one computer since I looked at it, but I think it was the Great American Gunstocks website.

Robert

greywuuf
11-30-2011, 01:05 AM
yup small ring turk mine is I think a 93 ... ( square bottom Bolt ) and I am missing the trigger guard mag well, sure would like to have this extra if its for sale ;-)

leadman
11-30-2011, 02:20 AM
Midway has info on the Mauser actions. Have to go to the Adams & Bennett barrels and click on Application Charts & Informarion, after clicking on a Mauser barrel info in blue.

Never mind, appears to be gone now.

greywuuf
11-30-2011, 02:24 AM
The Boyds Gunstocks Site has trigger guard screw dimensions listed under their Mauser sporter stock info.