PDA

View Full Version : I am seeking

docone31
11-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Hi Smokepolers!
I am looking for a double set trigger for my wife's Jukar .45cal CVA Front stuffer.
I am not sure it there are any about, or if I can cross reference with one from Track of the Wolf.
My project,
I am full stocking this old gal. I am sticking with the Dimmick style of rifle as we have all the goodies. Just need a new stock. Double set triggers would also work well.
I could just inlet a set, as the stock will be barrel channel only.
I mostly need an excuse to engrave and this looks like it will be it. The original stock is, ok, but the lines are off.
Anyone have one, or any ideas?

waksupi
11-29-2011, 09:23 PM
If restocking from scratch, most any set should be fine. I would suggest replacing that lock, too.

docone31
11-29-2011, 10:01 PM
I do agree. I keep thinking on replacing, rather than making from new.
The barrel is great, some of the furniture is ok.
I am looking forward to doing this. I am planning on getting a barrel inlet Dimmick stock. I will inlet the lock, and trigger group.
Kinda answered my own question.
Is that you on AmericanLongRifles? I see your handle over there also.
Some fine pieces of art there.
I am thinking on Iron furniture, with some German Silver eschutions. I have been doing my dove tails, replaced three rear sights, and two front sights. Came out ok. Actually goes kinda quick.

R.M.
11-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Unless your lock has a fly, double set triggers won't work, but if you're going that far, a new lock would be a good idea anyway.

docone31
11-30-2011, 11:52 AM
I agree.
I have this Jukar, and I was thinking replacement, without taking into consideration NEW stock, and what ever I need.
Duh...
A new lock will be like inletting the old lock. Just a better lock.
I figuired I might.

waksupi
11-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Yes, I am on ALR. I would suggest not mixing iron and silver furniture.

docone31
11-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Well, since it is a Jukar, sticking to format is not going to be a real issue. However, you do make sense.
I am looking into, now, almost an Hawken fullstock, rather than the Dimmick. I will probably go with a Southern style stock, pre-inlet, then inlet everything in. This will give me a chance to go with good trigger, good lock, and all iron, with Brass nosecap. The nosecap is already drilled for a screw to hold the front of the stock. Issue will be tapping the rear of the triggerguard to accept a machine screw. The tang is short, so I will have to tap and thread the triggerguard, the machine screw will have to be short. I will have to use a wood screw to hold the rear of the trigger to the stock.
Gotta get the stock first. Amazing how things change as time goes on. Stocks, furniture. First is to get the stock.
They sure have some great rifles on ALR.
Incredible craftsmen. They have earned praise for sure.
lot of information in their write ups.