PDA

View Full Version : up to my but in alloy

Lloyd Smale
02-20-2007, 08:01 PM
been alloying up some lead and have about 600 lbs of 5050 ww pure with a little tin done about 300 lbs of 5050 ww/lyno and have 300 lbs of #2 done and 200 more lbs of 2 go do tomarow after work. Sure is nice sitting on about 2 tons of lead!

cohutt
02-20-2007, 09:27 PM
been alloying up some lead and have about 600 lbs of 5050 ww pure with a little tin done about 300 lbs of 5050 ww/lyno and have 300 lbs of #2 done and 200 more lbs of 2 go do tomarow after work. Sure is nice sitting on about 2 tons of lead!

Show off.

:-D

OLPDon
02-20-2007, 09:30 PM
IS IT JUST ME OR AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT FEELS LEFT OUT WITH ALL THE FREE LEAD?

LeadlessDon :groner:
I might just change my Handle.

Jack Stanley
02-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Don , would it be a bad thing if I said I had enough down in the dungeon that I don't bother to weigh it ??[smilie=1:

Jack

OLPDon
02-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Jack
Thanks alot I need that!!!!!
LEADLESSDon

cohutt
02-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Jack
Thanks alot I need that!!!!!
LEADLESSDon

Don't feel too bad- I think Lloyd actually paid for his latest Linotype haul. Drove all day to pick it up too if I remember right.

I have been able to score clean pure lead in good quantity but am having fits getting my alloys for "free".
Tommorrow I'm picking up another load of scrap that will be somewhere between 600 & 800 lbs per my contact. Boxed on a pallet, fork-lifted into the bed of my truck right off their loading dock.

Always willing to trade pure for alloy @ appropriate exchnage rates....

Lloyd Smale
02-21-2007, 07:44 AM
yes i did have to pay for it and the wws have gotten so scarce around here that i even offered to pay for them to insure a supply. Id rather die and let the grandkids haul it away then run out of it when the yuppies finaly totaly take over this country and ban it.

cbrick
02-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Lloyd, if your sitting on that much alloy the problem is quite obvious!

You have not made enough bullets . . . better get busy.[smilie=1:

Rick

Lloyd Smale
02-21-2007, 07:26 PM
the bullet count on my shelves right now is in the hundreds of thouands. . Probably enough bullets that i woulnt even need to cast for a couple years if i used them all up. Theres 5 gallon pails full of bullets out there.

No_1
02-21-2007, 07:33 PM
If the EPA ever checks your place they may post it as a toxic lead site BUT if you start to ditch it now to us, you may avoid that hassle....

Robert

Shotty on the Lino mix!

the bullet count on my shelves right now is in the hundreds of thouands. . Probably enough bullets that i woulnt even need to cast for a couple years if i used them all up. Theres 5 gallon pails full of bullets out there.

jawjaboy
02-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Don't feel too bad- I think Lloyd actually paid for his latest Linotype haul. Drove all day to pick it up too if I remember right.

I have been able to score clean pure lead in good quantity but am having fits getting my alloys for "free".
Tommorrow I'm picking up another load of scrap that will be somewhere between 600 & 800 lbs per my contact. Boxed on a pallet, fork-lifted into the bed of my truck right off their loading dock.

Always willing to trade pure for alloy @ appropriate exchnage rates....

Sounds like you are on a roll cohutt! :wink:

cbrick
02-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Sure is nice sitting on about 2 tons of lead!

You have not made enough bullets . . . better get busy.

You have not been shooting enough . . . better get busy. :coffee: [smilie=1:

Lloyd, if you store your bullets in 5 gallon buckets are the ones near the bottom kinda oval shaped?

Rick

Sundogg1911
02-21-2007, 09:37 PM
when i have a pile of bullets. (all boxes full) i need to make ingots. once i get a bunch of ingots, i figure i better cast more bullets. its a viscous cycle. Lloyd....2 tons of alloy is a great problem to have! im down to about 600 pounds of WW alloy, 300 Lino, and about 200 straight lead. at this pace, my wife will be trying to actually get the car in the garage. I better get to work! ;-)

jdhenry
02-22-2007, 04:08 AM
Sure is nice sitting on about 2 tons of lead!

HMMMMMMMMMM Wish I had your problem!!! Or even half of it :)

Jeremy

Lloyd Smale
02-22-2007, 07:15 AM
first time i had lead poisoning the doc turned it in to the goverment and someone from i think it was Osha called and started asking me questions about exposure at work when i told them there was no lead at work they asked where i got it from and when i started telling them about my bullet casting they wanted to come and look at it. Then the light bulb went off in my head and i got quiet. They asked where i lived and if they could come over and i hung the phone up. My buddy got tested not long after and flunked his and they called him too but after talking to me as soon as he knew who it was he hung up. Big brother IS WATCHING YOU!!
If the EPA ever checks your place they may post it as a toxic lead site BUT if you start to ditch it now to us, you may avoid that hassle....

Robert

Shotty on the Lino mix!

ktw
02-22-2007, 12:49 PM
They aren't on to me yet, Lloyd. As a hedge against that kind of problem in the future you should start stashing your excess lino and other alloys over at my place. Lots of storage space here. I'll take good care of it for you.

;-)

-ktw

9mmcast
02-23-2007, 04:51 PM

Your 2000 pounds of lead is worth $1,200 today (buy back price is 60 cents per pound). The international metals market pricing for lead, tin and antimony has gone through the roof!

jawjaboy
02-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Your 2000 pounds of lead is worth $1,200 today (buy back price is 60 cents per pound). The international metals market pricing for lead, tin and antimony has gone through the roof!

So does 3 boxes of these, 180+lbs (total), for $24.30 (total) flat rate shipping mean that I did good? :grin:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/jawjaboy/IM000140.jpg

Lloyd Smale
02-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Is there more to be had?

jawjaboy
02-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Is there more to be had?

If'n you talkin' to me....I ain't a tellin! :grin:

jdhenry
02-24-2007, 04:31 AM
SHOW OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) And wont tell, go figure!!!!13.5 a pound. then has to ask if he did good.:( You might want to go play the lottery while your at it:)
must have a good friend and only paid shipping. Flat rate box is 8.10 x 3 boxes is 24.30...HMMMMMMMM I'm jealous!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy

OLPDon
02-24-2007, 06:04 AM
So does 3 boxes of these, 180+lbs (total), for $24.30 (total) flat rate shipping mean that I did good? :grin:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/jawjaboy/IM000140.jpg

By the look of the casts they are zinc contaminated and are to be sent to LEADLESSDon AKA OLPDon

Keep the Faith and I'm sure you will get a better batch.
Sincerly
Don

Lloyd Smale
02-24-2007, 09:56 AM

come on pal help out a poor guy that only has a couple lbs stashed!

Sundogg1911
02-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Nice find Jawjaboy! :drinks:
I had a buddy drop off a 5 gal. bucket of Lino one His way home from work yesterday. i'm making ingots as we speak!. Got a few buckets of WW's from the same guy a few days ago. Got a line on anothe supply for free wheel weights too. Seems to good to be true, but I know it's gonna dry up around here sooner or later, but in the meantime. I'm going to try to fill my garage with alloy. My Wife wants to get into casting now too, so I see a Master caster in the future for Her to use. (She's disabled with steel rods in Her back)
I don't think She'll stay interested long, but if It gets me a Master Caster i'll keep encouraging Her :) She seems to have no problem shooting them as fast as I can cast'em, so maybe She will stay interested.

Sundogg1911
02-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey Lloyd,
I love the new Avatar. New Puppy? Looks just like one of mine did when She was a pup.

Lloyd Smale
02-24-2007, 12:45 PM
nope thats just my chocolate lab when he was a pup. Hes 2 years old now and the love of my life! His name is ELMER KEITH! Elmer for short but his records all have elmer keith on them.
Hey Lloyd,
I love the new Avatar. New Puppy? Looks just like one of mine did when She was a pup.

L Ross
02-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Hey Sundogg, a friend called me a couple days ago and said the was a new Master Caster for sale for $500 in Shotgun News. I have one and right now one is all I need.

L Ross

dltaskey
02-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Yo, Sundogg, ww is gettting pretty scarce up here in Butler, looks like I'll have to start prospecting down in your neck of the woods!

Sundogg1911
02-25-2007, 01:48 AM
Lloyd. A chocolate Lab named Elmer Keith is Perfect! I have a Choc. Lab Pitbull Mix. The Italian neighbor named Her Bella and it stuck. She's a pussycat. I have a Chow/Lab Mix named Cubbie. When He was a Pup He looked just like a bear cub. I always feel safe when He's around. Couldn't imagine life without the 2 of them.

Dltaskey, Seems to be plenty of WW's around here. I've never had to pay a dime for any. (But i'm still not gonna tell you which shops I get them from) :-p

L Ross, I have to wait for my bonus check at the end of April. I'll start looking for one then. Thanks for the info though.

Lloyd Smale
02-25-2007, 08:38 AM
Old elmer woudnt make anyone feel safe. I allways tell everyone that if someone broke into my house elmer would grab them by the shirt sleave and drag them to the treat box!! There aint a mean bone in his body and ive never heard him even growl at anyone. Funny thing is a buddy has another pup from that litter and youd think walking up to his front door that he had the dogs from hell in there!

cohutt
02-25-2007, 03:16 PM

I'm onto jawjaboy and will rat him out if he doesn't stop flashing those ingots in our faces.

OK, truth time. I just needed a 25th post so i can post a swap offer in that forum. :mrgreen:

JJB is OK & I won't rat him or his source out.
In fact, he is so OK he is the only Lee reloader that the Dillon boys in another forum treat as one of their own.
Must have been the picture of the beer tower he posted once.....

cohutt
02-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Didn't work. Must be "over 25 posts" instead of just 25 posts.

Oh, and I did pickup another 550 lbs of clean pure scrap.

jawjaboy
02-25-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm onto jawjaboy and will rat him out if he doesn't stop flashing those ingots in our faces.

OK, truth time. I just needed a 25th post so i can post a swap offer in that forum. :mrgreen:

JJB is OK & I won't rat him or his source out.
In fact, he is so OK he is the only Lee reloader that the Dillon boys in another forum treat as one of their own.
Must have been the picture of the beer tower he posted once.....

Rat me out? :rolleyes: Fer' whut hawg man? :grin:

jawjaboy
02-25-2007, 05:33 PM
SHOW OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) And wont tell, go figure!!!!13.5 a pound. then has to ask if he did good.:( You might want to go play the lottery while your at it:)
must have a good friend and only paid shipping. Flat rate box is 8.10 x 3 boxes is 24.30...HMMMMMMMM I'm jealous!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy

Nooo...not showing off jd! Just thankfully, and humbly, sharing pics of my bounty with y'all. I'm new to casting, and was right proud to receive it! :shock: Also, this was given to me by the same "generous fellow reloader"...

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/jawjaboy/IM000144.jpg

Lloyd Smale
02-25-2007, 06:00 PM
best take care of that friend!!!

jawjaboy
02-25-2007, 07:18 PM
best take care of that friend!!!

That's for sure Lloyd! Yessir!

jdhenry
02-26-2007, 04:05 AM
LOL........ "generous fellow reloader"... I think FRIEND is more like it:)

Good SCORE!!!!!