PDA

View Full Version : CBA website

Bret4207
02-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Stopped by there today. Why didn't they just send everyone here? They darn near copied every catagory we have. Some of the titles and descriptions match ours nearly word for word! I was rather surprised at that. Hope they do well. but still, couldn't they have used a bit of imagination of their own?

Bass Ackward
02-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Brett,

I don't see a problem. Why reinvent the wheel? It's not a competition. In fact, it's flattering.

Eventually, folks might feel the need to move to more advanced questions on accuracy so to speak. This jump will be a seamless and comfortable transition.

Dale53
02-20-2007, 12:38 PM
I belong to the CBA and find it helpful at times. I also contribute occasionally.

However, if truth be told, HERE is my home. "For better or worse", this is my home.

I prefer our format to any other site I visit. I am a photographer and often visit "Dpreview" (that stands for "Digital Preview" and is a great site for one serious about digital photography). However, HERE is my home...

The reason is not entirely simple, but mostly its folks, like me, who have varied interests (rifle, pistol, revolver, etc) but all tied together with our love for the "CAST BOOLIT". Of course, all of it would be immaterial without the great attitude of the folks here. THAT is the real draw for me. Its the people, folks. Its the people. This is my home...

Dale53

Bret4207
02-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Dale, as you know I'm also a CBA member. I was just surprised the site is so simliar to this one. As I said, I wish the site sucess. I am just amazed at how very similar it is to ours.

BA- I agree, if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery we must be doing something right!

Gussy
02-20-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm a CBA member also but this site is "first stop" and if I have any extra time I look at some others. More good info and bs here!!
Gus

Navahojoe
02-20-2007, 04:02 PM
I also am a member of CBA, but I think of Cast Boolits as my home. Always my first stop is here.

regards,
NavvahoJoe

:castmine: SO i CAN :Fire:

Heavy
02-20-2007, 04:18 PM
yea, me too !!!!!!!!

Pat I.
02-20-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm also a CBA member, past member of the board of directors, and current moderator on a few of the CBA forum topics. This is a great forum and the similarities in format is more than likely guided more by the software than anything else. As far as the topics, there's just so many subjects you can talk about with cast bullets and shooting so it's only natural that the headers will be similar. Personally I visit here, the CBA site, and Accurate Reloading. All great sites IMHO as long as the name calling and argueing about nonsense stay out.

Pat

Sundogg1911
02-20-2007, 07:04 PM
I like hitting some different casting newsgroups, but this is the one I check first. It's the only one I post on, on a regular basis anymore, but the more tips for me the better. I always get the most and best replies here. One of the other newsgroups has edited my posts on 2 occasions. Don't post there anymore.

MT Gianni
02-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Stopped by there today. Why didn't they just send everyone here? They darn near copied every catagory we have. Some of the titles and descriptions match ours nearly word for word! I was rather surprised at that. Hope they do well. but still, couldn't they have used a bit of imagination of their own?

If you are going to start a resaurant build it next to the most successful one in town. That's what they have done. Gianni.