PDA

View Full Version : I had a flat tire. Yipeeee!!

frkelly74
11-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Actually My daughter had a flat on her Kidmobile. It is a Ford E350 with a bunch of seats and light truck tires on it. I saw a screw in one tire when she said she was going to get it pumped up. So I put her spare on for her and told her to see about getting it fixed. So she took it to a Firestone dealer and they gave her a line about how she should have a new tire or better yet a pair of new tires to be safe. Fortunately she called me for a second opinion and I told her they were full of Cow Poo and to bring it back and I would get it fixed. It is a good tire and probably will go another 20,000 miles if maintained. I then took it to a tire place where I have gotten weights before and they fixed it with a plug for $5 and gave me a pail with almost more weights than I could carry away in it. Then the fellow asked if I reloaded 9mm which I don't and I told Him that I did reload 45. So he said he had to get a 45 then. I might just have a convert on my hands. I took him some sample boolits and a pail to put by the balancing machine with my name and phone number written around the top on the inside. There are still some places that want to get rid of that nasty ol' lead apparently.

frkelly74
11-25-2011, 08:43 PM
He will get some sweet rolls next time I go there!!!!

Reload3006
11-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Great For you.

Jailer
11-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Best way to do it right there. Throw them a little business if you can for their generosity.

fryboy
11-25-2011, 09:27 PM
only a boolit caster would be happy they had a flat ....:P good score tho and ummm about these converts .... what happens when they start casting and want all the lead they can get ? O.o ... lolz

leadbutt
11-26-2011, 12:38 AM
good score tho and ummm about these converts .... what happens when they start casting and want all the lead they can get ? O.o ... lolz

Nothing lasts forever :cry: But im sure hell still share.

a.squibload
11-27-2011, 06:50 PM
The last 6 punctures I plugged,
no need to remove the wheel.
Always carry plug kit and compressor.
Did get free WWs when I bought tires recently.
More likely to give 'em if you're a customer.

frkelly74
11-28-2011, 09:16 AM
I used to have a big work van full of tools and was more prepared than I can be now. I now drive an old windstar and it is not that good for hauling extra weight around like compressors and all my wrenches. At church yesterday one of the old gentlemen had a flat when he came out and I saw him struggling with his old bumper jack. I went to help him out and all I had was the stock jack and lug wrench which are close to useless. Fortunately he lived fairly close so we could go get his big wrench and a pipe cheater. I really wanted my rolling jack and impact wrench but we got by with out them. It was a work out for both of us.

as far as plugging a tire myself I did plan to do exactly that for my daughters tire. My kit was nowhere to be found and a new one was $2.99 at auto zone so it just occurred to me to ask the price at the tire shop and I am very glad I did.