I've got some shooting to do!

Jim
11-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Yes Sir, you need to get busy!

And great macro shot on that top photo!

Dale53
11-25-2011, 03:58 PM
thegreatdane;
Those look like FINE loads. I have a six cavity iron H&G mould for the #251 which is similar to your bullet. I often run 3.5 grs of Bullseye with the first band out of the case. I get great accuracy and the load makes for a dandy edible small game load. Further, I do as you do and use it for a practice load in my "daily carry" an S&W Model 642.

There are those who will tell you to use less powder. However, as Ed Harris states in his article on the .38 Special, the somewhat heavier loads with solid base wadcutters just flat shoot better. My Ransom rest tests have verified that.

Good shooting!
Dale53

35remington
11-26-2011, 12:56 AM
How's that lightweight Ruger shoot? I've been thinking about one of those as a "take everywhere" revolver myself, and I always did prefer a small .38 revolver over those twitchy small automatics anyway.

thegreatdane
11-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Yes Sir, you need to get busy!

And great macro shot on that top photo!

Thanks Jim. It was taken with a cellphone camera, believe it or not!

How's that lightweight Ruger shoot? I've been thinking about one of those as a "take everywhere" revolver myself, and I always did prefer a small .38 revolver over those twitchy small automatics anyway.

The Ruger LCR is a nice little piece, although in 357 can be a bit much. I enjoy shooting it, and it's held up to everything I dare feed it.

Since I made over 800 rounds in the past two days, I decided, "Heck, I need a 38 special now." So I bought one. :razz: The "Black Friday" deals really helped this decision along.

I'll be feeding these through my new Smith and Wesson Bodyguard. Picture coming soon.