PDA

View Full Version : What did YOU cook today?

frankenfab
11-24-2011, 09:55 PM
I made a Petit Jean ham, chicken & dressing, corn casserole, yeast rolls, and deviled eggs. Mom and daughters helped out, and made some other great stuff, too.

I cooked non-stop from about 10:00 to 3:00. :drinks:

Tom-ADC
11-24-2011, 11:02 PM
Did a 17 + lb turkey on the Traeger grill, moist and tasty. We had a full house today, kids, grandkids & in laws.
Just doesn't get much better.

jblee10
11-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Deep fryed turkey and all the trimmings. And no firetrucks, ha, ha.

Dale53
11-24-2011, 11:16 PM
We are visiting in Salt Lake City, UT (daughter and her family). We grilled a 12.5 lb turkey on the Weber One Touch Gold (charcoal, my man, charcoal!). The turkey was pulled at exactly the right time and was flavorful and juicy.

The ladies did the sides: green bean casserole, mashed yams, and cranberry salad.

The meal was terrific but the company was even better!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Dale53

firefly1957
11-25-2011, 01:30 AM
Rib slab over a oak fire, cranberries, Sweat potato, beans, Wild Black Berry pie other items were not cooked (forgot to bake the rolls).

OBIII
11-25-2011, 02:34 AM
I did the whole shebang, from 6:30 AM to 5:15 PM. 22 1/2 pound turkey, with moist bread stuffing, deviled eggs, relish trays (green olives, sweet pickles, cheese, pickled mushrooms, 2 pumpkin pies, home made rolls, mashed potatoes, candied yams, stuffed celery, giblet gravy, fresh broccoli, cauliflower, and cheese sauce, basically the same meal I've been cooking every Thanksgiving for the last 28 years. Turkey soup with homemade egg noodles tomorrow. I will make a big potful, and be lucky to get even one bowl.

Rick N Bama
11-25-2011, 07:08 AM
I smoked a Ham on the KamadoJoe preparing for our feast which will be on Saturday. After the Ham was finished there was still a good fire going so I cooked up a mess of fresh mixed greens in a cast iron Dutch Oven. The greens & a pone of Cornbread made for a fine, if not plain, supper.

Rick