PDA

View Full Version : I have a new addition to my reloading bench.

cigarman454
11-22-2011, 01:26 PM
I finally received my Pact Powder Measure and Scale, after having it ordered for almost 3 months it’s well worth the wait. This thing is awesome. I have played with extruded all the way up to the big flakes of 800X. This thing throws right on the money about 98% of the time, once in a while it will be 00.1grain shy so I have to push the dispense button (trickle mode at this point) to bring it up. It was doing 40 grains in 30 seconds with the 800X. I loaded 30 rounds for my G20SF to do some accuracy testing and it kept me busy. The scale is very sensitive so it’s on a shelf above my reloading bench that way there’s no vibration when I’m using my press at the same time. I've wanted one for a few years but didn’t want to spend the money. I’m sure glad I finally did (should of done it years ago). Was going to keep my RCBS 10-10 scale and Redding powder measure as a backup but don’t think I will ever need them, just going to sell them (don’t need something else laying around). If you have ever thought about buying an electronic powder measure and scale, I recommend it. There are several out there to choose from I just chose the Pact. It really speeds things up.

jonk
11-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Hey! We must have been on the same wait list for the same sale price unit! I just got mine and am similarly impressed. I loaded up 60 J-word 7.7 Japs with it yesterday using 3 diferent powders, and was quite impressed overall.

P.K.
11-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Nice lookin' set up! Did a double take of that cannon with the scope on it.

cigarman454
11-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Hey! We must have been on the same wait list for the same sale price unit! I just got mine and am similarly impressed. I loaded up 60 J-word 7.7 Japs with it yesterday using 3 diferent powders, and was quite impressed overall.

Between the price and warranty along with the ratings this was a no brainer for me. Hopefully we will get many years of service out of these.

Donnie

cigarman454
11-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Nice lookin' set up! Did a double take of that cannon with the scope on it.

That's pretty nice isn't it. The guns not bad either. LOL :mrgreen:

dromia
11-23-2011, 02:12 AM
Fine piece of kit indeed I've had mine for quiet a few years now and it has had some hammer withou ever missing a beat.

Retired mine now though and replaced it with a Target Master powder trickler. That used in conjunction with a balance beam scale and a volume powder thower or dippers is faster and more accurate than any of the electronic powder dispensers on the market now.

Kevin Rohrer
11-23-2011, 02:25 PM
1. What is the warranty for the powder measure?
2. Please describe the pistol.

cigarman454
11-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Life time warranty, made in USA.
Desert Eagle.

Pigslayer
11-26-2011, 09:55 PM
You might want to hold on to one of those beam scales . . . just in case.

Dennis Eugene
11-26-2011, 10:11 PM
my set up is excatly the same except it's RCBS and green and I retired it

3006guns
11-27-2011, 12:47 AM

Or......you might consider selling one to ME, since I foolishly gave my 5-10 away and have missed it ever since.[smilie=1:

cigarman454
11-27-2011, 07:07 AM

Good advise Pigslayer, that's what I'm going to do. Thanks

jbm614
11-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Or......you might consider selling one to ME, since I foolishly gave my 5-10 away and have missed it ever since.[smilie=1:

For me the 5-10 scale would be hard to be without.. it keeps on going..

Firebricker
11-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Glad you like it I've got one just like it. I've been very happy with it. Fb

Chakta
11-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Me too Cigarman 454! It is one of those Hornaday Lock & Load Presses with auto case feeder and auto bullet loader. It cranks out close to 900 rounds per hour sure enough. I wish I could get something that would make a mess of 45 & 50 cal. lead bullets for my Sharps and Rolling Block........:shock: [smilie=s:

cigarman454
11-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Me too Cigarman 454! It is one of those Hornaday Lock & Load Presses with auto case feeder and auto bullet loader. It cranks out close to 900 rounds per hour sure enough. I wish I could get something that would make a mess of 45 & 50 cal. lead bullets for my Sharps and Rolling Block........:shock: [smilie=s:

I have a coup;e questions for you Chakta,
How well does that case feeder work for you? I've been thinking about adding one to my press.
How well does the bullet feeder work for you and is it a Hornady? Can you use cast bullets with the bullet feeder?

Thanks,
Donnie

Clinebo
11-30-2011, 01:55 AM
"It was doing 40 grains in 30 seconds"
Sorry, but that's not very fast IMHO. I can use a dipper and my Dillon electronic scale in about 10 seconds.

Bad Water Bill
12-02-2011, 01:29 AM
Sure wish I would have got one of them. Bought a Lyman instead. The first one wouldn't even turn on. The next one worked for about 6 months before it started acting up. Been sitting in a box for 2 years now. Looks like new but out of warrantee so is now something to remind me to NOT purchase another electronic device from Lyman.

cigarman454
12-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Sure wish I would have got one of them. Bought a Lyman instead. The first one wouldn't even turn on. The next one worked for about 6 months before it started acting up. Been sitting in a box for 2 years now. Looks like new but out of warrantee so is now something to remind me to NOT purchase another electronic device from Lyman.

That was one of the reasons I decided to get the pact. Lifetime Warranty.