PDA

View Full Version : RCBS APS tape ?

Roger Ronas
11-22-2011, 12:19 AM
Bought some RCBS APS equipment used on fleabay. Need to know if you can use masking tape or painters tape to replace the recommended APS tape?
Anybody know?

Thanks
Roger

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
11-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Roger,

If APS stands for automatic priming system, then it isn't a tape. It's a molded strip. You can buy those on ebay or from midwayusa.

Roger Ronas
11-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Thanks Dave but I have the molded strips. The instructions specifically mention a tape to cover the strips if you preload them before using them. Keeps one primer if accidentally ignited from igniting all the others in a strip.

Roger

Roger,

If APS stands for automatic priming system, then it isn't a tape. It's a molded strip. You can buy those on ebay or from midwayusa.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
11-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks Dave but I have the molded strips. The instructions specifically mention a tape to cover the strips if you preload them before using them. Keeps one primer if accidentally ignited from igniting all the others in a strip.

Roger

Sorry Roger,

Was having a senior moment last night. Any kind of tape that comes off easy and doesn't leave a residue will work for the purpose you're describing I bet.

Bomberman
11-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Personally, I don't use the tape at all. I only load one box (100) of primers at a time and usually prime that many cases so it's not often that I have primers in the strips. When I do, I just store them without the tape.

Roger Ronas
11-23-2011, 01:37 PM
I emailed tech support and their response was "any tape willdo"

Thanks guys,
Roger