PDA

View Full Version : Lithium Grease straight up

caseyboy
11-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Anyone using Lithium Grease as is as a lube? If so, how are you applying it? How is the accuracy?

Mike

fryboy
11-21-2011, 08:35 PM
i dont , nor do i currently use it mixed , i have done the latter but never the "straight up " , from just dandling the grease at various times i'm going to guess it's a mess , if you get past that part i'm also fairly certain it would smoke more than a 50/50 BW/lithium mix .i have read of a few people who have tried it straight and in the back of my mind there's this little niggle that tells me if it was worthy they'd still be using it that way , i maybe wrong but as always your mileage may vary , i've also found the very best way to find out is to try it so umm let us know how it goes

btroj
11-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Messy is all I could say.
Fryboy is right, if it was a viable idea many would be doing it. Couldn't ask for easier or cheaper to find.

Search MML for good ideas on what to do with it. You will like it.

uscra112
11-21-2011, 11:02 PM
I seem to remember Col. Harrison stating that he tried this, and it worked well, but was awfully messy. Certainly hasn't taken root since then, but it can't hurt to repeat his experiment, just for verification.