PDA

View Full Version : Jim Beams Devils Cut

Tom-ADC
11-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Was given a bottle of this and tried it last night on the rocks, very nice to say the least.
Have to pass the word on to my grandson the gift giver.

TNFrank
11-18-2011, 03:19 PM
I picked up a bottle of JB's Rye yesterday. Never had a Rye but it's not bad. Not as full flavored as a standard Bourbon or Tennessee Whisky but still, decent enough. My favorite is Rebel Yell but it's getting hard to find in these parts. George Dickle Cascade Hollow is pretty good too, don't like the regular GD, way too sweet but Cascade Hollow is just about right.
Also, have you notice all the Honey Whiskies that have come out lately? Wonder how they'd be?

Tom-ADC
11-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Honey whiskies are good on the rocks, keep a bottle in the RV for cool nights at campouts.
Like either the Jack Daniels or Wild Turkey versions.

TNFrank
11-18-2011, 04:03 PM
As a rule I like to drink my whiskey neat, room temp with a sweet tea or beer chaser. Believe it or not sweet tea goes great with whiskey. I do, however, put vodka in the freezer but then again I normally will drink that with tonic and a slice of lime.

MBTcustom
11-18-2011, 04:22 PM
I have yet to taste better than Makers Mark. I always have that and silver agave in the cabinet. I cant decide which one I like better but I would love to find something cheaper than MM. Its an expensive vice, even though I make a bottle last a month or two.

TNFrank
11-18-2011, 04:32 PM
I have yet to taste better than Makers Mark.

You know, I've tried it and I really don't see what all the fuss is about. Tastes like pure alcohol to me. No vanillas, no caramels, not even much charred oak. No thanks, Rebel Yell beats Makers Mark by a mile. You don't believe me find a bottle and give it a try for yourself. :drinks:

Rick N Bama
11-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Makers is good, but personally I prefer Knob Creek for a good sipping Bourbon.

TNFrank, if you ever get to Bowling Green KY, Chuck Evans Liquors will have your Rebel Yell.

Rick

Hickory
11-18-2011, 04:44 PM
When I use to drink, It was Black Velvet.
Nice and smooth.

TNFrank
11-18-2011, 04:45 PM
A couple places around here use to carry it but it wasn't selling so they don't stock it anymore. Guess it's one of the best kept secrets in Bourbon or something but it has one of the riches flavors of any bourbons or whiskeys I've ever had and I've had a lot of different ones over the years. Of course I tend to think that Jack Daniels is kind of over rated too, so go figure.LOL:2 drunk buddies:

thegreatdane
11-18-2011, 05:02 PM
I, for one, plan on buying a bottle of makers-- for sippin, and for the wax up top. Someone said it is primarily carnuba and I've got some lube that needs hardening.

drhall762
11-18-2011, 05:43 PM
For Rye, I like the Wild Turkey Brand. Beats the pants off JB's brand if you drink your amber fluids straight. Bushmills has a very nice 10 year single malt that I enjoy as well.

Jim
11-18-2011, 05:55 PM
I have a variety of whiskies in the cabinet. My weekend drink is George Dickel, number 12, neat.

TNFrank
11-18-2011, 06:26 PM
I have a variety of whiskies in the cabinet. My weekend drink is George Dickel, number 12, neat.

I've not tried #12 yet, is it as sweet as #8? Cascade Hollow seems to be my favorite between it and #8 AND believe it or not, it's cheaper too.

jnovotny
11-18-2011, 06:53 PM
I used to like, and still do, W.L.Wellers. But have been introduced to Crown Royal and I have to say that is by far the smoothest best drinkin whiskey I have tried todate! I used to think that Crown had just been talked up but it really does live up to it's hype.

Jim
11-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Number 12 is 90 proof.

Tom-ADC
11-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Number 12 is 90 proof.

So is Beams Devils Cut. What I can't find here is Seagrams 83 but I think that is sold only in Canada.

pmer
11-18-2011, 11:18 PM
This could be the deer talking but my wife picked up some Hennessy 'very special' cognac for a Thanks Giving recipe and it is pretty smooth. :drinks:

The Dove
11-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Of course I tend to think that Jack Daniels is kind of over rated too, so go figure.LOL

Curb your tongue!!!! Old number 7 puts a big smile on my ole face and makes me smart and purdy too!!!! HAHA

The Dove

TNFrank
11-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Curb your tongue!!!! Old number 7 puts a big smile on my ole face and makes me smart and purdy too!!!! HAHA

The Dove

I'm NOT saying that JD isn't any good, I'm just saying that for less money you can get whiskey that's as good. Case in point the George Dickel Cascade Hollow that I'm drinkin'.

I've yet to find anything that I like better then Rebel Yell though. [smilie=p:

Carolina Cast Bullets
11-21-2011, 04:59 PM
any good Kentucky bourbon makes Tennesse stuff taste like stump water. Kentucky Pure is the best. JMHO

Dont shoot the messenger

Jerry
Carolina Cast Bullets

TNFrank
11-21-2011, 05:55 PM
any good Kentucky bourbon makes Tennesse stuff taste like stump water.

Why I ought ta'......, just kidding. I find that I like both a good Bourbon and a good Tennessee Whiskey so I can be happy with either. :drinks:

Ronbo256
11-22-2011, 01:57 AM
WHEN I drink, it's Gentleman Jack neat chased by cold branch water. I wish I could afford Silver Barrel, it's out of my league pricewise.

firefly1957
11-22-2011, 02:54 AM
back in the seventy's a old guy in his eighties gave my sister a case of pre prohibition rye whiskey it was all pint bottles. That was the best whiskey I have ever drank I do not recall the name but have never had such a good flavored smooth whiskey since. We should have saved the bottles they would probably be worth something on flEabay now.

pmeisel
11-24-2011, 03:38 PM
I've been drinking the Jeremiah Weed cherry mash lately. Does good things for my sweet tooth.

chuckbuster
11-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Elijah Craig, 12 yr old, 94 proof

The Wife likes a Wild Turkey Rye "Manhattan"

KDK

Got-R-Did reminded me of Bulleit, right there with Elijah Craig for me.

Got-R-Did
11-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Bourbon fanatic here for over 30 years and my first choice when $ is no barrier is Pappy Van Winkle's 15 yr old. Second, and again if $ is not an issue is Booker's. There are more expensive ones available in all flavor profiles, but these two stand above most others. A modestly priced Bourbon that is growing in popularity is Bulleit and I will always have some Maker's in the cabinet of course. Elijah Craig 12 yr old is another staple for me, and a favorite for disinfecting ice cubes. Not adverse to any Whiskeys made elsewhere, but I can discern the differences between Tennessee blends and straights and prefer KY's finest export. I particularly enjoy attending the KY Bourbon Festival in Bardstown each year, and if you can arrange a designated driver, one can visit many of the liquor stores while the Distillers are sampling their latest releases and of course the classis brands. You get to keep the shot glasses the samples are poured into as well. I will try to locate the link for the Bourbon Festival if anyone is interested. I am fortunate to live within 50 miles of virtually every major distiller in KY and they have wonderful tours on the KY Bourbon Trial.
Got-R-Did.

Forgot to add that Maker's Mark has a restaurant in Downtown Louisville, KY.

Dframe
11-27-2011, 05:18 PM
I've tried Devils Cut and it's great. But I like most whiskeys.

LUCKYDAWG13
11-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Honey whiskies are good on the rocks, keep a bottle in the RV for cool nights at campouts.
Like either the Jack Daniels or Wild Turkey versions.

i like the wild turkey version good stuff on a cold night

frankenfab
11-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Makers is good, but personally I prefer Knob Creek for a good sipping Bourbon.

TNFrank, if you ever get to Bowling Green KY, Chuck Evans Liquors will have your Rebel Yell.

Rick

I don't splurge for Knob Creek, but somebody gave me a bottle for Christmas last year. I thought it was great stuff!

Rick N Bama
11-28-2011, 01:31 PM
I don't splurge for Knob Creek, but somebody gave me a bottle for Christmas last year. I thought it was great stuff!

Here in N. Alabama it's something like $35.00 for a 750ML bottle in the ABC Store. It has an unreal price in the Liquor stores.

When I buy it, which is not often, I get it at Sam's Club in Bowling Green KY for $26.00 for the same 750ML bottle. I have a son near there & we stop at Sam's fairly often.

Rick

schutzen
11-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Bad whiskey is for fruit cakes and bourbon balls.

Good whiskey should be drunk mixed, 2 ice cubes and a shot.

Try JD Single Barrel or Woodford Reserve for special ocasions.

MBTcustom
12-03-2011, 09:42 PM
All this talk about Devils Cut, I just had to try it. Matter of fact, I'm sippin some right now. In my opinion, Makers Mark just got owned for the first time in my experience.
This stuff is great! It has a sweetness when it first touches your tongue, starts to get a little spicy, but just when you expect it to go all rot-gut on you, it mellows out and slides down smooth.
I'm not an expert, but I know what I like in a bourbon and this stuff has it!

daengmei
12-05-2011, 03:50 PM
You whiskey drinkers see this? http://www.kystandard.com/content/6400-gallons-ethyl-alcohol-spill-heaven-hill?mini=calendar-date%2F2012-01 Poor fish!

Tom-ADC
12-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Gives a new meaning to the angels share :holysheep

Rick N Bama
12-05-2011, 05:24 PM
You whiskey drinkers see this? http://www.kystandard.com/content/6400-gallons-ethyl-alcohol-spill-heaven-hill?mini=calendar-date%2F2012-01 Poor fish!

“The fish we were observing at the time when I left were still lively,” Osborne said

I wonder if Fish get Hangovers :drinks:

Rick

Limey
12-05-2011, 05:34 PM
....boys!.....there ain't no bad whiskey or bourbon......

....just some taste better than others!.....

....make mine a large one....

Cheers

Limey

Got-R-Did
12-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Yes, the accident at Heaven Hill is tragic from a wasted (sorry, pun unavoidable) bourbon standpoint, but the good news is that due to the 3" of rain we have already had in the last three days with more to come, the impact on the wildlife will in fact be minimal.
Got-R-Did.

stubshaft
12-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Crown Royal for me, neat with a water back. If I go slumming then I go for a Rye like Bushmills.

wiljen
12-06-2011, 10:00 PM
I like my whiskey to come from a bit north of England. Something with a bit of peat to it and a lot less sugar than bourbons.

Tom-ADC
12-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Bummer today swung by the package store to refresh my Devils Cut supply and they were out of stock!!!!
But she tells me new shipment in Tuesday so will make due will Jack Daniels until then.

The Dove
12-11-2011, 09:24 PM
will make due will Jack Daniels until then.

God works in mysterious ways!!!

LUCKY YOU...

The Dove

Got-R-Did
12-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Sorry to say JD was sold down the river to other interests years ago and the new owners promised not to mess with the production. Well, without any fanfare the prices went up and the proof went down from 86 to 80 proof within one year. Production has increased and the quality is still there, but you get my drift.
Now, while I lost my love for Jim Beam years ago due to quality/consistency issues, I do believe they have a "Winner" in their Devil's Cut. Just got a bottle due to the endorsements here and I agree that it is some Fine KY Bourbon. Better than Maker's Mark? Well, lets just say that Maker's might have a long lost Twin Sister. High Praise Indeed!
Got-R-Did.

arjacobson
12-11-2011, 09:46 PM
templeton rye here. nuf said

gandydancer
12-11-2011, 10:19 PM
I like Fred sanfords drink cheap champagne mixed with Ripple champiple 2 bottles and you forget where you parked your house. GD

The Dove
12-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Yes- I remember the 86 to 80 proof switch. I can't change that and from what I can gather, it all has to do with the Feds taxing on the proof.... They chose to pay the 80 proof tax rates -vs- the 86 proof tax rate. Any other ideas/info?????

The Dove

L Ross
12-11-2011, 11:16 PM
All this whisky palaver caused me to put a couple of fingers of Evan Williams Single Barrel in a glass with a single ice cube.

Duke

Tom-ADC
12-12-2011, 10:36 AM
The Dove, probably apples & oranges but when it comes to Wild Turkey I prefer the 80 proof to the 101 but then my normal drink of choice is brandy, I drink more of that then everything else combined.

Trey45
12-12-2011, 10:54 AM
This is probably sacrelige talk here, but I recently was introduced to Fireball Whisky, if you like cinnamon, this stuff is for you. I bought a bottle not too long ago, it's good with ice, good with coke, really good with wassail.

As for other whisky, one of my favorites is Famous Grouse. Bushmills Rye is a long time favorite too, but I'm not really much of a brown liquor drinker, I much prefer Vodka. Luksusowa has got the best flavor of any potato vodka I've ever tried.

Got-R-Did
12-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Dove, if they reduced the proof as a cost saving measure, then wouldn't the price at least remain close to the same as before the regulatory increase?
Got-R-Did.

The Dove
12-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Dove, if they reduced the proof as a cost saving measure, then wouldn't the price at least remain close to the same as before the regulatory increase?
Got-R-Did.

One would hope so. However, it appears this is not the case in this case (btw-there are 6-1.75 liter jugs in a case of Jack)...... One of these days I hope to visit Lynchburgh and tour the distillery. God knows I've spent enough money on Old #7 to earn that priviledge...

The Dove

Tom-ADC
12-15-2011, 10:48 AM
So both navy packages stores are out of stock, when I checked yesterday so I bought a bottle of Makers Mark, now that just isn't to bad at all.
I am hoping they will have it soon I want to give a bottle to a friend Christmas.

Boz330
12-17-2011, 12:56 PM

Back in 93, one of the Heaven Hill warehouses caught fire. 300,000 barrels of whiskey. The whiskey flowed into that same creek, burning, one heck of a mess. I live about 6 miles straight line distance from the distillery and the flames were visible from my deck. The glow in the sky was visible from Louisville, 35 miles away.

As far as the best whiskey, it comes straight from the barrel. I plowed a local farmers driveway for him back in the mid 70's and the next evening he asked me to stop by on the way home. He gave be a fifth of Makers right out of the barrel along with some country ham. Prior to that I wasn't much of a bourbon drinker but that stuff went down so smooth it was unreal. Truly sipin whiskey.:drinks: I bought a bottle of regular Makers after that but it sure wasn't the same. I have also had Jim Beam from the barrel and it is also very good. Unfortunately that stuff is very hard to come by since anyone caught taking it is fired on the spot and then they still have the ATF to deal with. The warehouses have 2 locks on them to get in. The company has one and the Gov has the other. The warehouses have the windows opened every day to vent the fumes. Smells pretty good if you are close enough to get a wiff.

Booker's blend is pretty much barrel whiskey although they do cut it a little for proof consistency. In any given whiskey if you get single barrel it is usually better than the run of the mill whiskey. When they tap a warehouse they taste a sample from the barrels, mostly the good flavored whiskey comes from the top. If they find a good batch they save that for single barrel. The rest is all mixed together.

I believe that the tax is paid based on the proof so the lower proof just goes farther. It has been years since I've heard the tax per barrel, but at that time (early 70s) it was $550 per barrel and at 300,000 barrels per warehouse you can see why the Gov keeps a close eye on it.

Bob

felix
12-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Bob, that kind of multiple-keyed warehouse operation is called bottled in bond. Tax is paid after bottling, and like you say taxed by the barrel, but only after the proof and amount has been determined for that barrel's worth. This is because the goods are cut according to the label on the bottle. 80, 90, 86, 101, etc. ... felix

Other kinds of warehouses exist for industrial goods. The produce is shipped to bottlers for "vodka" and hospital goods. ADM is prolly the biggest operation in making stuff like that today, but there are a few small operations left, like McCormick in Weston MO, for example. They do have a bonded warehouse too, for stuff they make to oak age for the likes of whiskey, liquors, etc. ... felix

Got-R-Did
12-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Boz330 & Felix, Thank You for your insight. Learned quite a bit today and it looks like The Dove and I are closer to understanding JB's shift to lighter proof. Sure did maximize their profits though, and I guess that is what irks me the most: Pay more for less.
I had a friend that was able to hook me up with a barrel to make planters out of years ago, and like you, found that there was still an appreciable amount of bourbon left inside. I drained almost 20 oz. and ran it through a coffee filter (too crunchy otherwise) and it was remarkably smooth (& potent). I then added two pints of water and sloshed it around and left it in the summer sun for about three days. I rolled it over half way through this period to expose the other side to the sun and managed to get 1 1/2 bottles of (weaker) bourbon. I guess the second batch was about 65 proof, but still robust in flavor. Ahhhh, those were the days.
Got-R-Did.

The Dove
12-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Good info folks! Thanks....

I have another question. I had a bottle of Jack that I bought when I received my Commission in the PHS back in 1990. I kept the bottle sealed throughout my 20 year career then opened it and celebrated on my retirement day in 2010. About the 15 year mark, I met an old timer and he told me that he liked my idea of saving that jug but, the whiskey does not age in glass. Is this true?

Does whiskey only age in wooden barrels? Just curious.

I guess it tasted better knowing I completed my career and had the discipline to not open that one particular bottle up for 20 years. It's the only one in the home that has lasted that long. HAHA THAT'S A FACT!!!

The Dove

felix
12-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Whiskey Ages only in barrels, while at the same time it looses potency. The latter is why distillers cut and bottle immediately for their vodka brands. Whiskey gains its woody flavor in the barrel and at the right time according to insured tasters it is then drained and bottled. Whiskey is turned when in the barrels on schedule. Tasters are swapped out every seven years or so, depending on the policies chosen. Once a 7 year professional taster, insurance becomes much harder to get for that person. Reason: stomach acids play hell on the body when something is mouthed and then spit out.

Also, wine and brandies are treated like whiskey in storage. No different, really. However, wine still ages in the bottle, and will go bad if there is not enough tannic and/or malic acids remaining for protection and conversion to lactic and other long lasting acids. Those acids give quality wine its tasting balance. Cheap wines are dead wines for the most part and are ready to drink the day they are bottled. ... felix

... felix

WILCO
12-19-2011, 12:22 PM
My favorite is Rebel Yell but it's getting hard to find in these parts.

Couple of links: http://rebelyellwhiskey.com/home.html

http://www.proof66.com/index.php

http://www.shoppersvineyard.com/store/pc/REBEL-YELL-BOURBON-WHISKEY-1p10237.htm?utm_source=Vinquire&utm_medium=WineFeed&utm_content=Rebel+Yell+Bourbon+Whiskey&utm_campaign=base&v_traceback=c1217_2015_f1218_0134

Last two links ship to your door.

softpoint
12-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Like my whiskey neat. I haven't tried 'em all, for sure, but in order of Preference,It is Woodford Reserve, BuffaloTrace, Bulliet. Bulliet ties with a few others for third, WL Weller,Elijah Craig,. IMHO,Buffalo Trace is quite nearly as good as Woodford Reserve, but less money.:lovebooli

Boz330
12-20-2011, 09:41 AM
When I first moved to KY, I worked as a commercial roofer and the company I worked for had a bunch of the distilleries as customers. They use to bitch because we had to wait for them to open the warehouses in the morning and they were only open for 8 hours. So the company had to pay us for lunch when we weren't working. They also had a guard with us the whole time so we wouldn't steal any whiskey during the day. That is where I picked most of this info up.

We were working on the Old Grandad distillery once after a flood in Frankfort. The company had a bunch of bottled whiskey that had been under water and they were afraid to sell it and the tax had been paid already. They emptied every case in an 18 wheeler onto the parking lot and ran a bulldozer over it. There must have been 20 ATF agents standing around to make sure it was all destroyed. What a waste![smilie=b: It sure did smell good in that paring lot though. If you could have gotten close enough you could have probably gotten high off of the fumes.

I had always heard that you could get whiskey out of the empty barrels but I would have thought that the alcohol would have evaporated. You use to be able to go down to the distilleries and buy the barrels for $5 a piece. You can still get them but they are probably higher now since they sell them overseas to the Scotch Whiskey makers. They are supposed to be really good for that.

Bob

Boz330
12-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Whiskey gains its woody flavor in the barrel and at the right time according to insured tasters it is then drained and bottled. Whiskey is turned when in the barrels on schedule. ... felix

... felix

The Jim Beam that I tasted right out of the barrel really had a strong oak taste to it. As a side note the barrel whiskey doesn't seem to provoke a hangover if you have too much of it. Not that I have a lot of experience with it.

Bob

Tom-ADC
12-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Well the base package store had Devils Cut in stock so I bought two just in case, going to leave one in the motorhome for the holidays when we are out.

Reloader06
12-24-2011, 02:24 PM
In order of prefference;

Jack Daniels Holiday.
Jack Daniels Gentleman Jack
Johnny Walker Blue Label(With a drop of water)

Nice that we live in a country that we can "debate" the subject. Thank You to all the Vet's for insureing our freedoms.

A Merry Christmas to all!!!!!

Matt

Pigslayer
12-26-2011, 03:18 PM
I have yet to taste better than Makers Mark. I always have that and silver agave in the cabinet. I cant decide which one I like better but I would love to find something cheaper than MM. Its an expensive vice, even though I make a bottle last a month or two. Maker's Mark is one fine Bourbon. I think . . . the best. Haven't been able to afford it lately with work being slow. In fact I haven't bought a bottle in a year but I've been looking at it.
But I did , for the first time have some Bushmills Irish Whiskey. Bought two miniatures and had it over ice on x-mas eve along with a couple of Moosheads. Really enjoyed that whisky. Nice flavor & smooth.8-)

Shooter
12-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Well the base package store had Devils Cut in stock so I bought two just in case, going to leave one in the motorhome for the holidays when we are out.

Question:

Can one be busted for "Open Container" for a bottle in a motorhome?

Is it ruled to be your home, or transportation?

felix
12-29-2011, 10:45 AM
If parked and connected to utilities, it's a home. ... felix

Tom-ADC
12-29-2011, 03:23 PM
No its legal as long as its behind the drivers compartment, its stored in a liquor cabinet over the sink. I call it the liquor cabinet because we put all the booze in it.
Did pick a bottle of Costco's Kirkland 7 year old bourbon 103 proof we'll see.

Rick N Bama
12-29-2011, 08:56 PM
I bought a bottle of Devil's Cut at our State Store yesterday, it sure is good!

Rick

geargnasher
01-17-2012, 09:23 PM
I like my whiskey to come from a bit north of England. Something with a bit of peat to it and a lot less sugar than bourbons.

Agreed. Johnny Walker Black Label leaves the same taste in your mouth that breathing the heavy, cold, dewey air off of a meadow of highland Heather does, with a hint of smoke from the hearth of an ancient dwelling.

It's a fine line between excellent and terrible with blended Scotch, one of the reasons I never cared for it until I found the good stuff.

Gear

rugerdude
01-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Now y'all got me puttin' Devils Cut and Rebel Yell on my list for my next visit to the package shop.

As is, my preferred sippin' whiskey is Crown Royal Black. 90 proof and very, very smooth.

nicholst55
01-21-2012, 08:25 PM
All this whisky palaver caused me to put a couple of fingers of Evan Williams Single Barrel in a glass with a single ice cube.

Duke

I like Evan Williams for an every day whiskey, but I'm almost finished with my first bottle of Jim Beam Black. For a relatively inexpensive Bourbon, it ain't bad. I haven't seen JB Devil's Cut for sale here yet, but I'll keep my eyes open. It might have to wait until I get back to the States in a month or two.

Dark Helmet
01-21-2012, 11:30 PM
+1 on the Evan Williams. Drank some Virginia Gentleman (and some 151 Dark and Stoli) Too.

jnovotny
02-04-2012, 11:35 PM
I got a small bottle of Johnny Walker red the other day, think I got a bad batch tasted like kerosene!

Reloader06
02-05-2012, 12:15 AM
That can happen. Im ot sure why.

waksupi
02-05-2012, 02:17 AM
I got a small bottle of Johnny Walker red the other day, think I got a bad batch tasted like kerosene!

Nope, that's just what it tastes like! :bigsmyl2:

I'm a scotch drinker, and don't care for Johnny Walker in any color.

L Ross
02-07-2012, 12:08 AM
TN.Frank, recently I was up in Green Bay and stopped at Superior Discount Liquor and saw Rebel Yell not only on sale but with a rebate. A sad looking dust covered 1.75 litre bottle was $20.99 and eligible for an $8.00 rebate. Because of your recommendation I bought it and am very pleased with the excellent flavor.

Duke

The Dove
05-01-2012, 02:01 PM
As a rule I like to drink my whiskey neat

My weekend drink is George Dickel, number 12, neat.

What does "neat" mean?????? Never heard that before...

The Dove

Trey45
05-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Neat is straight up, no ice, no mixer. Just booze.

The Dove
05-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Thanks Trey

The Dove

pmeisel
05-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Well, I like ice in everything but my coffee. And the Devil's Cut was just fine that way.

(Ice milk? no... I hate milk...)

Tom-ADC
05-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Well, I like ice in everything but my coffee. And the Devil's Cut was just fine that way.

(Ice milk? no... I hate milk...)

Yep makes two of us..:drinks:

Tom-ADC
06-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Was shopping at our local Costco yesterday and bought a bottle of Kirkland (Costco Brand) Private bottled 7 year old bourbon 103 proof. Have to say the worse bourbon I've had in resent memory. I recommend pass if you shop at Costco.

Jeffrey
06-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Down by the Pearl River yesterday tearing up bass with live frogs. Just as I reached into the sack for another frog, just to discover it empty, a water moccosin swims by with a frog in its mouth. Having had some liquid courage in the form of Wild Turkey, I reached down, grabbed that moccosin and yanked the frog from its mouth. One hand full of angry snake, I reach down, grab the bottle of Turkey and pour just a drop into the snake's mouth. Well that snake just went limp, so I threw it out into the river as far as I could. Frog goes on the hook, out into the river. A minute or so later I feel a tap on my boot. Looking down, there is the snake with another frog.