PDA

View Full Version : Slop.

TNFrank
11-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Here's one I made up a few years ago that I call "Slop". It's actually really good though.
This will feed two or three depending on how hungry you are.
1 lb lean ground beef(93/7 is what I use)
2 packs of Brown Gravy mix.
1 medium onion
3 or 4 cloves of garlic(the little chunks that come off of the big garlic bulb)
Dry Rubbed Sage to taste, I like quite a bit.
5 or 6 medium 'taters.

Peal and cut up the 'taters and get em' to boiling in a pot so you can make mashed 'taters out of em'. I like to put butter and a touch of milk in my mashed 'taters.

Mean time while the 'taters are boiling cut up the onion, garlic and get it to cooking a bit in a pan with olive oil. Once it's started to cook put the ground beef on top of the em' and sprinkle the sage on top of the ground beef. As it cooks mix it all up good and let it cook until it's done. This "base" can also be used for spaghetti sauce or other things you'd like to make.
Add the brown gravy mix to the cooked ground beef/onions and enough water to make the gravy. Let it simmer while you mash the 'taters up.

Put the mashed 'taters into a bowl and put the cook ground beef/gravy mix over the 'taters. Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.

frankenfab
11-19-2011, 09:53 PM
You had me at Brown Gravy.:smile: Sounds good.

I have stopped boiling potatoes. I scrub them reall well with a scouring pad, and poke holes in them with a fork. Then cook in microwave 7 min., rest,rotate, flip cook 7 more min. (3 large russet, or a bunch of reds) Then I put them in a bowl and add butter, milk cream, sour cream, whatever. "smashed potatoes".

I seemed to always manage to boil my taters too long, and they come out awful when you do that.

Lloyd Smale
11-20-2011, 07:32 AM
I do something simular thats even eaiser. I take ground vension or cubed vension fry it add cambells cream of mush soup and a chopped up onion and slop it on potatoes.

TNFrank
11-20-2011, 01:21 PM
You can even put the ground beef/onions-garlic/brown gravy over rice if you like. Like I said, you can take the ground beef/onions-garlic and add oregano instead of sage then put some store bought spaghetti sauce in it to doctor it up a bit. I'm thinking that I can even use this mix with rice to make stuffed green peppers but I've not tried that as of yet.

nanuk
11-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Several of my recipes are titled "Slop"