PDA

View Full Version : value of contender barrels ?

fryboy
11-17-2011, 05:38 PM
hola amigos !

i have a question that i cant seem to find an answer for , first a little background , i did a deal that also included a couple of barrels that i didn't really want or have a use for . i've been slowly working on details and fotos to post an add yet the common barrels seem easy enough to price but the custom barrels are another story , i've looked at several sites ( such as ed's contenders,graybeards etc as well as a few manufacturer's sites ) and when i come to custom barrels it's pretty much a wild card , i really dont want to publish one barrel as an auction so if anyone has any clues i'd love to hear them ! and as a bonus it also mite help another ( never a bad thing )

the barrel in question is a custom i'm pretty sure ,it's stamped TCA ( in a circle stamped on top of each other) barrel in 45 colt , it's a 6 1/2" blued bull barrel that looks to of seem minimal use ( slight rub one one side from frame ) the address has the comma after rochester and a period after the h ( but not after the n ) looks like this - ROCHESTER, N H. , on the bottom of the stepped lug is the numbers 96 in a circle , the left side has a star in a circle and the right side has the letter D in a circle , the split lugs really doent mean much as those are easily changed , it has a screw on front ramp and it looks like it has 8 lands in the bore . i added a foto but my camera isnt that great :(

any thoughts or links would be greatly appreciated ! my humble thanks !

a side note ... i wasnt sure whether this forum ,the pistol and hand cannon forum or even if swapping and selling was the right place to post this so if it needs moved my apologies

45nut
11-17-2011, 06:08 PM
The TCA barrels were limited runs for the Thompson-Center Association, a collectors club the factory recognized.

http://thompsoncenterassoc.org/

I would value it a bit more than a non TCA barrel in a sought after chambering.

frankenfab
11-17-2011, 07:32 PM
That's purdy!

fryboy
11-17-2011, 08:29 PM
thank guys !
umm frank ...amigo i can hardly take any credit other than for sharing the foto that is ( and it's not that good of a foto but you can see the slight frame rub if you open the foto in a new page and click full size