PDA

View Full Version : Ebay....are things getting desperate?

3006guns
11-16-2011, 09:28 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-lbs-used-steel-non-lead-wheel-weights-Fe-and-Zn-/200676933552?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb946ffb0

I don't think my pot goes quite that high...........:mrgreen:

leadbutt
11-16-2011, 09:39 PM
He has sold a box already it seems looking at his/her feedback. Maybe a way to get rid of the steelies and zincers that we dont want......

white eagle
11-16-2011, 09:44 PM
o m g ! !

azrednek
11-16-2011, 10:19 PM
I keep trying to think of a legitimate use for the steel weights and can't possibly think of anything other than to balance a tire. I imagine the seller is laughing all the way to the bank.

btroj
11-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Who cares why someone buys them? He clearly states they are non-lead and are Zn or Fe weights.
If there is no attempt at a scam then what is the big deal? Don't buy em if you don't want them. If the guy never sells any then what harm is it to us?

All these threads pointing out "idiots" on E-bay kill me. So people are potentially dumb. So what. I just ignore them. Just because an item is listed doesn't mean it will actually sell.

sqlbullet
11-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Non-toxic wheel weight collecting. This is a hobby we should encourage. Convince the masses that collecting Fe and Zn weights is great fun, and that $2.00/lbs is a good price.

Then we will hope we have Fe and Zn in each load. We will gripe when we get dirty old lead we have to melt down rather than ones we can sell and buy linotype with the cash.

fryboy
11-17-2011, 12:50 PM
at least they arent trying to rip someone off on the shipping :P

Stick_man
11-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Even though it may be illegal to do, I think many tire shops are trying to reuse as many of the weights as possible. The Zn and Fe weights are least likely to be deformed and therefore most likely to be able to be reused. I don't know how much the new ones are going for, but some of these small tire shops are trying to save money any way they can. I can't imagine the new ones costing much more then $2 per pound though.

Roundnoser
11-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Even though it may be illegal to do, I think many tire shops are trying to reuse as many of the weights as possible. The Zn and Fe weights are least likely to be deformed and therefore most likely to be able to be reused. I don't know how much the new ones are going for, but some of these small tire shops are trying to save money any way they can. I can't imagine the new ones costing much more then $2 per pound though.

That seller probably should have listed his items under "automotive" instead of "reloading".

PatMarlin
11-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Tackle shop.

He autta build a charcoal foundry and cast them up for fishing sinkers. Triple the price as "Lead Free".. :mrgreen:

Personally, I get tired of seeing all the bullet mfg's with their lead free bullets as an answer to "Evil Lead". All I can say is hoard all you can.

PatMarlin
11-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Shoulda said "Recycle" all you can. Then you never run out.