PDA

View Full Version : EZ power for an RCBS Trim Pro

imashooter2
11-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Remove the handle screw and crank handle. Replace with a 1/4 to 3/8 inch long 10-32 socket head cap screw with a flat washer. Cut an inch or two off of a 5/32 Allen key and chuck the stub in a drill motor. Sure beats turning the crank...

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
11-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Or you can buy the motorized portion off of my RCBS trim pro. I bought a Dillon for on the progressive press high volume trimming and no longer need the power portion for the few cartridges I'll be doing.

imashooter2
11-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Certainly the factory power unit is more elegant. But what I have on there now took five minutes of scrounging through my "used bolt bin" and a minute on the bench grinder with an old Allen key. Can't really compare the prices...

Calamity Jake
11-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Now go get a Bondhus brand ball end allen wrench then you won't have to hold the drill motor in near perfact alignment with the trimmer shaft.

Jammer Six
11-16-2011, 10:17 PM
I've been thinking about screwing on a v pulley, and mounting it on plywood with an appropriate, tiny little motor.

But then I got to thinking, and I'm not sure how small a motor I could get away with.