PDA

View Full Version : Noob checking in

max range
11-15-2011, 02:02 AM
Howdy, I have been lurking here off and on for a few years and now that I am officially retired I thought I would join.

I've been shooting since I was 8 and reloading since the mid 70's. Of course life, a family and kids, a career etc got in the way but I never sold my guns, molds or loading gear.

Thanks for having me and see ya on the boards.

P.K.
11-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Welcome!

bobthenailer
11-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Welcome to the fourm ! I retired 15 mounths ago but never put away my guns , casting or reloading equipment.
I told myself i would start shooting my rifles when i retired but it really hasent happend yet as im a handgun junkie, the truth be told i could probley sell my rifles and probley never miss them as far as shooting or hunting goes and 4 of them are customs ! but they will go to my grandson in time as well as a few of my favorite handguns.

old turtle
11-15-2011, 08:47 AM
I retired 5 years ago. In the 70s and early 80s I was shooting highpower matches. I then got a job that required me to travel out of the U.S. quite a bit. So with teenagers and little time I did not shoot much. Since retiring I am now shooting and casting a great deal. I have had one rifle put together and am working on another project. Casting, reloading and shooting I find to be very relaxing. Some of the happiest days of my life have been spent on the range.

1Shirt
11-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Hope you have a whoop of good days at the range! Any day at the range beats the he!! out of working a day for someone else.
1Shirt!:coffeecom

lbaize3
11-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks for checking in. The information from experience is tremendous here! Welcome to the family.

Echo
11-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Welcome, MR, to the best forum on the Net.

Olevern
11-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Glad to hear you joined up. If you're a long time lurker, you already know that these guys and gals are the cream of the crop.

Good to see you weighing in and look forward to your participation.

firefly1957
11-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Welcome to forum it took me months to catch up old articles but you said you have been lurking so you know what you are in for.