PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Cowboy Dies

Nueces
02-16-2007, 05:55 PM
No, it's not a funeral notice.

Like others here, I have some 44s and 45s that eat larger boolits - 0.434 and 0.455, say. My regular carbide sizing dies reduce case diameter much more than necessary and these RCBS Cowboy sizer dies are supposed to be 'optimized' for larger lead boolits. Any of y'all have relevant experience on these things in 44 Special or 45 Colt?

Thanks for your support...

Mark

utk
02-16-2007, 06:49 PM
I read somewhere (Handloader Magazine?) that the sizers are just the "regular ones" because carbide sizing rings are expensive to manufacture.
It's the expander stems that are larger in diameter.
Give RCBS a call and ask them...

Nueces
02-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks, utk. That phone call has been on my to-do list for so long, it fell off the bottom. Just got to thinkin' about it while on here. I'll post what I find out.

Mark

ps - now I remember...I called RCBS several times, always got a busy signal or put on terminal hold.

twotoescharlie
02-17-2007, 10:34 AM
R.i.p.

Ttc

Bad Flynch
02-24-2007, 11:42 PM
I have a set in .45 Colt and yes, it is the inside expanders that are of different diameters. Still, that's not too bad. I finally solved my sizing problems for oversized bullets by having Lee make me a custom carbide sizer die (~$30). That did the trick, probably forever.