PDA

View Full Version : Midway USA

pdawg_shooter
11-10-2011, 03:38 PM
I just got off Midway USA web site. Needed a few items, finally gave up. Sooooo Sloooow. Nothing in order, hard to fine. Guess I will have to order from Midsouth instead.

Ben
11-10-2011, 03:44 PM
pdawg_shooter

I started a thread about a week ago on this very subject..........People told me that the MidWay Web site was lightening quick for them. That was not my experience . Seems slow to me also.

The thread turned into a " general bash of MidWay " . That was not what I intended with my comments about their slow ( at least to me ) Web site.

Ben

jwmprock
11-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Yes, Midway's website absolutely sucks these days. Slow, confusing and full of errors.

ErikO
11-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Midsouth's was acting up last week. It's better now, though.

Graff & Sons site is good as long as you have your paper catalog handy. lol

Guesser
11-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Midway seems to work for me by having the product # in hand from the catalog before I start verifying availability and price. Graf is a lot smaller so it is easier to search using the onsite search function. Midsouth has always worked better than Midway, but it is smaller, bigger than Graf.

lbaize3
11-10-2011, 04:23 PM
I guess that at age 65 I am as resistant to change as a person can be. So, at first, I did not care for the new format at Midway. But after I cruised the site for a bit, I decided I actually liked it better than the older site.

I have ordered from Midsouth, Natchez, Graf and son, Lock stock and barrel, and many other internet sites. I think Midway has the best site with pictures of the product, specifications, and reviews. On top of that Larry Potterfield is a veteran and obviously a good family man. That gets at least one vote from me.

Secondly, twice I have had problems with products I ordered from Midway and I got prompt and courteous replacements. That gets another vote from me.

And last but not least, I am committed to helping Larry put all his grandkids through college. That, of course, is another vote from me. So, I will continue using Midway as my main supplier and I will also keep shopping for good deals on other sites and where I can save some big bucks, I will vote for the other site.

ErikO
11-10-2011, 06:10 PM
As far as site design goes, Brownell's is very good, especially if you tend to browse like I do.

OBIII
11-10-2011, 06:31 PM
I just placed an order at Midway a couple of days ago. No trouble at all. Order's already been shipped. I like Midway.

Ickisrulz
11-10-2011, 07:37 PM
I wouldn't say it's lightening speed. But it's useable. MidwayUSA has the best selection out of any shooting supply company.

Lee
11-11-2011, 12:40 AM
Yeh, I freaked out on them a couple months ago, got spammed from a 3rd party site connected to them. I vomited on them, really bad, got an apology from THEM a couple days later, they responded politely to my rant and straightened it out.
Took my krap quietly.;-)
Now, last week, I looked at one of their products, had to go all the way out to find shipping chaqrges.
Found the same item on Amazon.com shipped no charge. I left the Midway site and got a query a couple days later because I hadn't completed the sale. Seems they are trying. They need to review their shipping charges/options.

Still, many times they are the better price in town. You need to shop around. YMMV.....:grin:

Lee
11-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Ummmm why don't Midway scan these posts? Ummmm why don't "WE" contact Midway with these "petty" issues.........

afish4570
11-11-2011, 12:50 AM
$20/k in case lots.....free haz and shipping if you buy enough.......
About time to see the sales, these are for S&B or Magtech.afish4570[smilie=2:

PatMarlin
11-11-2011, 02:24 AM
Funny- I just went over to Midway today after not being there for a long time and holy cow, they screwed their website up. Took forever to find a mold.

Perfect example of web programmers screwing up a good business website. Not that mine's any good. It sucks right now. Well it's not even a website really ...:mrgreen:

nicholst55
11-11-2011, 02:41 AM
I just visited their website for the first, and last, time since they jacked it all up. Why do I need to see all 470 Forster rifle dies that Midway carries to find the one I want? No thanks.

Besides, they won't even send me a bloody catalog here at my APO address! I'll patronize someone else.

edsmith
11-11-2011, 02:58 AM
I was stationed in camp casey in 58, I can bet it sure has changed. I was with post signal.

nicholst55
11-11-2011, 06:31 AM
I was stationed in camp casey in 58, I can bet it sure has changed. I was with post signal.

Yup, things have changed quite a bit! I thought my plane had landed in the wrong country when I returned after 25 years!

jcwit
11-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Shipping charges are one of the things that have turned me off from the two big mail order houses, Midway & Natchez, I deal alot with E-Bay sellers and Amazon sellers, shipping thru both usually run from Free to $6 - $8 dollars via USPS, and item is receiven within 3 days anywhere in the U.S.

I refuse to spend the high cost of UPS or FEDX unless absolutuly necessary.

bbs70
11-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Camp Essayons 2nd inf.div. 6/37th field arty 71-72.

Ickisrulz
11-11-2011, 12:20 PM
I just visited their website for the first, and last, time since they jacked it all up. Why do I need to see all 470 Forster rifle dies that Midway carries to find the one I want? No thanks.

Besides, they won't even send me a bloody catalog here at my APO address! I'll patronize someone else.

You can narrow your results by checking boxes on the left and then search by keyword in your narrowed search. It actually works fairly good.

Ickisrulz
11-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Shipping charges are one of the things that have turned me off from the two big mail order houses, Midway & Natchez, I deal alot with E-Bay sellers and Amazon sellers, shipping thru both usually run from Free to $6 - $8 dollars via USPS, and item is receiven within 3 days anywhere in the U.S.

I refuse to spend the high cost of UPS or FEDX unless absolutuly necessary.

Agreed. That's why you wait until you have a bunch of stuff to order. Plus, there are normally coupons to be found that will take care of most of the shipping fees.

PatMarlin
11-11-2011, 12:36 PM
When I was there (Seoul), we were dropped on the tarmac at -12, and my coat was packed.. :mrgreen:

http://www.patmarlins.com/KoreaAirport1.jpg

http://www.patmarlins.com/KoreaAirport2.jpg

leadman
11-11-2011, 01:09 PM
I was stationed at Camp Humphrey in '71. Got to see most of Korea as I was in the 802 Engineers as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic. Our company paved the road thru the DMZ for the Red Cross talks. I spent a couple of days at Camp Casey replacing engines, a couple months at K-16 extending the runway.

I used Midways site and it was slower than before but I was still able to locate items. Natchez is the site I avoid.

casterofboolits
11-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Midway really didled the pooch with thier site revision!!! Luckily, I've got a LGS four miles from me that will order anything I need and only mark it up 10%. No shipping! Powder, primers, moulds, etc. I have spent a few thousand dollars there. No more!

EDK
11-11-2011, 08:16 PM
I was looking for a mould no one had in stock....LEE CTL 312 160 2R...and checked with MIDWAYUSA the next morning. It's in transit with an M die and some books on the M1A. I screwed up on a number and the girl (Amy) got it right for me. Order "rounded up" to $100. I buy a lot at GRAFS since the wife drives past them to visit her sister, but MIDWAY service is good...and they carry items that GRAFS don't.

The new format isn't very user friendly, but enough complaints will get that corrected.

:Fire::cbpour::redneck:

11-11-2011, 08:22 PM
I find Midway's site to be as fast as any other. I've not perused the new layout enough to form an opinion. Their customer service has always been top drawer.

miestro_jerry
11-11-2011, 09:00 PM
I don't have any problem with ordering from Midway or a few others. Mostly some things I want they don't have in stock. But that is the world we live in these days. Dam, I can remember when I could get a 8 pd canister of powder for less than $80 delivered.

I was III Corps, along the Silk River 70-71, 72-73

Times they have changed,

Jerry

jcwit
11-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Agreed. That's why you wait until you have a bunch of stuff to order. Plus, there are normally coupons to be found that will take care of most of the shipping fees.

Problem is at my age I have most everything I need, once in a while some small thing comes up that I do need tho. Usually because some small part breaks or wears out.

Ickisrulz
11-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Problem is at my age I have most everything I need, once in a while some small thing comes up that I do need tho. Usually because some small part breaks or wears out.

I'm about in the same boat. I need some RCBS decapping pins right now, but don't want to spend more on shipping than the parts. I'll wait until something else pops up.

jcwit
11-12-2011, 05:53 PM
I've used the blank ends of drill bits that are the correct size many times. Not to expensive if you buy the cheap ones from the big box store.

Ickisrulz
11-12-2011, 05:55 PM
I've used the blank ends of drill bits that are the correct size many times. Not to expensive if you buy the cheap ones from the big box store.

If I get down to my very last one I'll try it. Thanks.