PDA

View Full Version : Cricket and Agulia SE

Jim
11-10-2011, 09:40 AM
I wanted a small, light weight, single shot rifle for 'coon huntin'. I bought a Cricket. I put a 4X Bushnell scope on it. I ran several brands of ammo through it and found that it really like the Aguila Super Extra.

Here's the rifle (being shot by someone much prettier than me!).
http://jgcphotos.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/p1010068-e1320932088307.jpg

This is a 5 shot group fired from a rest at 50 feet. The square is a one inch bullet hole paster.
http://jgcphotos.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/p10100042-e1320932023550.jpg

GREENCOUNTYPETE
11-10-2011, 11:05 AM
how loud is it ?
you had said a while back you were looking for something quieter for coon hunting

i have been playing with the Remington 22 CBee longs with the deep hollow point

when fired form 15 or so feet away into a plastic bag of sand they sure flatten nice and mushroom perfectly to .340

the are definitely sub sonic , a bit louder than the CBee shorts , which are pellet gun loud , but not a lot louder still no hearing protection needed when firing in the basement into the sand bag for testing

MBTcustom
11-10-2011, 11:27 AM
I have a cricket too. I keep it in the truck for putting road-hit deer out of their misery. The more I mess with this little rifle the more I like it. It weighs nothing and it is great for squirrel hunting, just tuck it in my belt like a pistol.
The only thing I didn't like was the safety lock. but a couple well placed licks with a ball-peen hammer fixed that.

Ben
11-10-2011, 11:58 AM
The group & the shooter both look pretty impressive.

I've thought about one of those little rifles for my grandson.
Your group may now encourage me to buy one.

Ben

Jim
11-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Pete,
It's about the same as a regular long rifle round.

Goodsteel,
You're gonna have to show me a photo of the safety lock. There is no safety on my rifle.

southpaw
11-10-2011, 09:50 PM
I have not shot the one that I got for my boy all that much. He likes to shoot my cz alot more. Glad to see that you found a load that you like.

The safty lock that Goodsteel is talking about were put on the newer models I believe. Mine does not have one either. They are on the bottom below the receiver. A real pain since all that is needed to lock it is to push it in. This happens alot when you grab the gun. A real pita.

My father in law has one for his boy with the safty lock on it. He was able to take it out without the use of a hammer tho. Not really sure how he did it.

Jerry Jr.

Hammerhead
11-11-2011, 01:10 AM
Cool. People give me funny looks when I pull out my youth .22, but I don't care, it shoots straight.

Artful
11-11-2011, 02:11 AM
Per Cricket website

Safety: Rebounding firing pin automatically blocked to prevent accidental discharge.

Jim
11-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Cool. People give me funny looks when I pull out my youth .22, but I don't care, it shoots straight.

Exactly!
I had one guy take a pot shot at me about using a kid's gun to hunt with. I laughed at him. "You go ahead and hump that 7 pound gun all night through the woods. While you're doin' that, I'm totin' a 3 pound gun across my shoulder and walking hands free."
Then I showed him the proof target. "By the way, when your rifle will shoot like that, put your money on the table." He shut up.

shooterg
11-11-2011, 02:28 PM
The Chipmunks were nicer but I did just give a Cricket to my great nephew. It had the lock but it was removed . The Chipmunks had a metal cocking piece - Crickets appear same except for that, but I have no hopes of the plastic knob lasting 25 years as my daughter's Chipmunk has. Both shoot really well - I kept my daughter's interest up with exploding targets, kept moving 'em farther out. Great memories !

shotman
11-11-2011, 09:01 PM
here is a 10 shot group with a cricket pistol. 50ft rest with win wildcat ammo. 9 shots is in the group and last one went off before I was on target. trigger is 1oz pull