PDA

View Full Version : LR mauser trigger group

nanuk
11-10-2011, 06:08 AM
I recently came into a 8mm Mauser

not exactly sure at the moment as to the manufacture, but IIRC, it is German

anyways, the barrel was shortened and a ramp was stuck on somehow.

BUT bubba did some trigger work... took the sear down to the point where everything feels loose, and it doesn't take much to trip it.

I'm not going to shoot it until I replace this.

my question: What is the best route to go here. Aftermarket, or find an original?

I don't care for the 2 stage feel, but I don't want to do a bunch of fitting.
I have little extra cash to send it away to a smith, and I don't trust any of our local ones....

are there any aftermarket trigger groups that are a drop in?

adrians
11-10-2011, 08:10 AM
morning, BOLD triggers are a drop in and dont need any fitting unless you want a differant safety configuiration but for a simple "take old one out and put new one in " they are worth a look .
they are not as exspensive as say timney but are (i think evey bit as good) they are IIRC factory set at 2,1/2 lb pull and are adjustable.
for the $ they are a great option.
have a good day :evil::coffee::evil:

largom
11-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Give me an address and I will send you an original 98 Mauser trigger at no cost.

Larry

gnoahhh
11-10-2011, 10:30 AM
There you go. The best of both worlds! If it's original, I would go with an original 2-stage trigger. If it's been altered, like this one evidently has, I would go with a good aftermarket trigger. Adrian's advice seems to fit.

Anecdote: If you want a taste of real frustration, do what i did recently. Install a double-set trigger in a Mauser 98. What a PIA! (But it works nice.)

rmcc
11-10-2011, 11:35 AM
I have 2 Mausers, both with Timney triggers. Featherweight is without safety and FW Deluxe is with safety. They are great triggers and are user friendly to adjust and install.

Rich

Hardcast416taylor
11-10-2011, 01:05 PM
I have both Bold and Timney triggers on some of my Mausers. I would be hard pressed to say which is a better trigger as both are a nice pulling trigger.Robert

nanuk
11-11-2011, 05:00 AM
Largom PM sent

Thanks for your generosity