PDA

View Full Version : Chargemaster 1500 Speed Adjustment

ghh3rd
11-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Chargemaster 1500 Speed Adjustment

This is from a post on another site. This is supposed to have come straight from RCBS. Perhaps someone here can use this information.

Since there is not a way to return to the factory settings, other than manually, I would strongly suggest that you go through all of the steps, without making any changes, and write down all of the factory settings before proceeding.

1. Turn the unit on.

2. When 0.0gn is on the display, press BOTH the ENTER and the EDIT MEM keys on the dispenser at the same time. Hold for a second and then release. If done properly ADJUST PARAMETER should scroll across the display followed by HSP 00015.68 (This number represents the number of grains away from your entered charge when the tube will shift from fast speed to medium speed. That is at 15.68 gn from your target charge the dispenser will shift from fast to medium speed.)

To speed up the unit, this number needs to be decreased and to slow down the unit, this number needs to be increased. (On a slow unit, I would change this number to11.00 gn this is done by pressing the following keys: 1 1 0 0 ENTER (pressing the enter key sets that value and moves to next setting in program in this case, to medium speed to slow speed setting)

3. HSP 00003.42 should scroll across the display now. This number represents where the unit will shift from medium to slow speed. Using the same process as before in # 2. For a slow unit I would change this number to 2.50 gn this is done by pressing the following keys: 2 5 0 ENTER (pressing the enter key sets that value and moves to next setting in program in this case, to slow speed to trickle speed setting)

4. HSP 00001.08 should now scroll across the screen. This number represents where the unit will shift from slow speed to trickle. Using the same process as before in # 2. For a slow unit I would change this number to .90 gn this is done by pressing the following keys: 9 0 ENTER

5. This is all the adjustment that needs to be done to the unit. You need to press the ENTER key to cycle through the rest of the program. (approx. 22 times) The unit will start its normal initial countdown process when this is done. You need to test out the dispenser now.

Enter your target charge and dispense. I usually disregard the first charge. Throw a few charges at these settings to see if they will work for you. If they don’t, return to step # 2 and repeat the process. NOTE due to powder variations you may have to adjust the unit for each powder.

If you have any questions about this matter please call our customer service line 800-533-5000 my name is Don Legg and I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

(tweak improve enhance up)