PDA

View Full Version : Youth deer season in MO

TCFAN
11-07-2011, 11:37 PM
The youth deer firearm deer season was this last weekend here in Missouri. The photo below was E mailed to me of some of the local kids that had took part in the hunt. I thought it is a great picture of the future generation of gun owners and hunters.
All these kids have grown up around guns and hunting.I know that one of the boys got a good 8 point Saturday morning.Haven't heard if any of the others had any luck. In Missouri each kid has to have one adult with them at all time during the hunt.
I really like this picture. But of course it helps since I know all the kids. Just wanted to share it with everyone else......................Terry

bearcove
11-07-2011, 11:41 PM
I'm gonna take my kids next year.

Blacksmith
11-08-2011, 02:22 AM
Nice looking group of kids. I hope they have a chance at some organized shooting the rest of the year. Get them really hooked.

Blacksmith (3 Position Junior air rifle coach)

10x
11-08-2011, 08:30 AM
It is nice someone has taken time to "Think of the children!"

btroj
11-08-2011, 09:13 AM
MO has it right when it comes to getting young hunters in the game.
My daughter got a deer and turkey at 13 under a non resident youth permit. It was a great experience for both of us.

Looks like a nice group of kids ready to go learn what it is all about.

1Shirt
11-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Super program! All states should have same!
1Shirt!:coffee:

smoked turkey
11-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Terry:
The smiles on those kid's faces pretty well tells it all. They may not remember the last video game they played but I guarantee they won't forget the outing. Those that got a deer will positively relive that hunt for a lifetime. Good picture.

TCLouis
11-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Not much for a bunch of rooles, but imagine if we start posting pics with the action open on all te firearms with game or just on the range.

It might just catch on as a way to depict firearms not unlike how few pics one sees today (including tv and movies) where someone is walking around with their finger on the trigger.

TCFAN
11-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Terry:
The smiles on those kid's faces pretty well tells it all. They may not remember the last video game they played but I guarantee they won't forget the outing. Those that got a deer will positively relive that hunt for a lifetime. Good picture.

I think you are right about the video games. They are all good at playing them. But just say something about going out to shoot and they are all ready to go.

The boy second from the left in the above photo shot a 8 point buck Saturday morning with the 22-250 that he is holding and he brought the deer by the house to show it off to my wife and I. He just could not stop smiling. His dad was pretty pleased also.

Here is a photo of Carson and his deer....................Terry

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/TCintheOzarks/DSCN0373.jpg

ErikO
11-09-2011, 04:24 PM
With luck my son and I will be going out in the 2013 season. He'll just have turned 12 at that point. I just hope he's as good a shot as my wife and better than me.

Missouri is defnately good for both hunting and firearms. :)

BCall
11-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Missouri is nice to have the early youth season. Since antler point restrictions do not apply, my son chose to take this small buck. It is his first deer and he was really proud of the shot he made. He is 13, and we hope to get an antlerless deer for him yet this year. He started hunting last year, but did not get anything. I'm glad he finally got that first deer.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh259/blcall/SN851829.jpg

TCFAN
11-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Bcall
Looks like your son is off to a good start on his deer hunting journey. Good luck to him in future hunts..........Terry