PDA

View Full Version : I need a firing pin for a 77/22

zomby woof
11-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Mine is worn, believe it or not.

JIMinPHX
11-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Wow, that's a tough one. Midway doesn't have it. E-gunparts is out of stock. Brownell's has the striker, but not the pin - http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0/k=firing+pin/t=P/ksubmit=y/avs|Make~~Model_1=Ruger__77zz1zz22/Products/All/search=firing_pin

Maybe you could try asking Ruger directly?

zomby woof
11-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Maybe you could try asking Ruger directly?

I might call and beg. They are a factory replacement only. My bolt has been modified. If I send it back, I'll lose those mods.

square butte
11-08-2011, 01:17 PM
You might try Rody's gunshop in Newport , NH. They are just a half a mile down the road from the Ruger plant. Both Henry and Bill are Ruger retirees and have an "in" at the plant. They take stuff there almost every day for warranty work. If you explain your problem regarding the modifications - They might just be willing and able to walk over and get a firing pin for you. Both gents are in thier 80's and WWll/Korean war vets. Honey will get you the fly - Be nice.

MBTcustom
11-09-2011, 01:56 AM
If nothing else works, I might be able to fabricate one for you. (thats a total shot in the dark of course)
If you PM me a picture I could tell you pretty quickly if I could do it. I have made firing pins for guns several times.

zomby woof
11-09-2011, 09:24 PM
If nothing else works, I might be able to fabricate one for you. (thats a total shot in the dark of course)
If you PM me a picture I could tell you pretty quickly if I could do it. I have made firing pins for guns several times.

I might have a short term fix. I stoned a flat on the tip of the pin, it was a little rounded. it's hitting nice and flat now. It went 35 rounds with no problems so far. Thanks.
before on the left
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Presentation19.jpg

JIMinPHX
11-10-2011, 09:38 PM
I have made firing pins for guns several times.

What material & heat treat do you usually use?