PDA

View Full Version : H&r 30 w.c.f.

Gtek
11-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Went into one of the local candy stores yesterday, uh oh, there one sits. Looks like it has not been shot, no brass on face or scratches. Checks to be 1-10" and deep. Anybody played these out yet with boolits? I think 31141 will be first try, it is going to be hard not to put some jacked up SST's in there and fire for effect. Gtek

dualsport
11-07-2011, 01:42 AM
They are very popular. Hard to find a load mine doesn't like. Cast boolits or the other kind, loves 'em all. It's an old 157 IIRC, has the full length stock. You can use spire points too. Congratulations on your new baby. Next you'll crave accessory barrels. Lots of fun.

leadman
11-07-2011, 01:47 PM
That should be a very versatile rifle for you. It will shoot everything from pistol bullets & boolits to the 200+ gr cast. The heavy jacketed may start giving problems over 180grs if the are extremely long. The 180gr Roundnose jacketed should shoot great.

Is this a current issue H&R or one of the older guns with the cast iron reciever? If it is cast iron you will want to keep pressures within Saami specs.

C A Plater
11-08-2011, 11:22 AM
My T/C Contender has the same 1-10" twist and I've yet to try a boolit that did not shoot well. I would expect the Handi to do similar. I used to use the Remington 125 grain bulk bullets when they were cheap but now I use the Speer 130 gr FP because it works as good or better and is costs less than the bulk Rems. For a hunting load this season I've got a 150 grain GC over 30.0 grains H322. Warm for cast but does better than MOA @ 100 and no leading. YMMV.