PDA

View Full Version : In Need of Belding and Mull Parts

ekp
11-06-2011, 06:53 PM
I have my father's Belding and Mull reloading tool and I am in need of dies for a 6mm Rem. I have the seating tool but need resizing die.

scrapcan
11-06-2011, 09:25 PM
ekp,

which tool too do you have? There are different models of the B&M straight line tool.

If you don't know I may be able to help you decipher which tool it is.

ReloaderFred
11-06-2011, 10:58 PM
I have a complete (I think) setup of Belding & Mull straight line dies, etc. for .270 Winchester, which is one of the few common calibers I don't load. Can't help you with the 6mm, though.

Fred

ekp
11-07-2011, 04:43 PM
I am not sure which it is. I would suspect 1937 vintage.

scrapcan
11-07-2011, 06:45 PM
What was the tool originally set up to load? These were all factory set for one or multiple cartridges. They are not an easy lets change everything up type tool.

The tool looks like a model 28, but a few more details will help. what is the diameter of the center rod? What does the top of the expander look like when you remove it from the head, the part that goes into the head?

These tools can be a bear to fit other dies to if the center post is not drilled for the length you need. also what shell cradle is on the tool? You will also need the shell holder plate for rimless cartridges.

There are 5 tools that I know of in this line of B&M straight line tools. Model 24, Model 26, Model 28 , Model 28 Improved, and what we believe to be a model 25 or transition tool. Not all of those tools did all of the operations in reloading. In fact only the Model 28 and 28 improved do. For the others seating is done in a separate die.

I just sent all my spare parts to Bruce Dow, Dow Arms Room, Dade City ,FL. Look him up and give him a call. I believe he is a member here also, but not sure of his user name.

You can pm me for more info if you want. I was lucky to get to handle all of these tools for a display I did for ARTCA in Denver CO.

There is a great article in an ARTCA newsletter that discusses the B&M straightline presses.