PDA

View Full Version : Load Help

crisis_12
11-06-2011, 01:57 PM
I spoke with customer service at BP earlier this week and still am a bit confused....

I have the MG45 wad and Fiocchi Hulls with factory primers which is what the folks at BP told me to get. 543 grains of 00 buck (10 pellets) fits perfectly with a dry fit and leaves plenty of room for a crimp.

The problem is I can't find a load for the powder in any of the books I got from BP (Slug, Buckshot III, Coyote, and Lyman's 5th edition. Additionally can't find much on the web or the Hodgdon or Alliant books aren't helpful either?

Can anyone suggest a resource or a recipe that won't blow me up?

gfisher
11-06-2011, 03:21 PM
When looking for load data, some things to remember, The Fiocchi Hulls and BP "MultiHull" data is interchangable within a given gauge and shell length, this from the Head Load developer at BP. The MG42 wad was renamed to the "STS" wad, and then changed back, so data for that wad can be found under both listings.

Page 21 of BP Advantages VI lists, 2 3/4" MulitHull>Win209 Primer> Herco 26.5grain>STS Wad> 1 3/8 oz Lead shot for 1285 FPS @ 11000 PSI

The same manual also lists several loads for the Fiocchi/MultiHull and STS with Steel and Bismuth shot.

-George

crisis_12
11-06-2011, 03:47 PM
George;

Thanks for the info. I was under the impression the Multihull was the Cheddite hull? I'm glad you pointed this out. The STS/MG42 is great information to have!

I see I am going to have to make another order and get the Advantages Manual in addition to the others. All the books and spread sheets are appealing to my inner nerd!

I see some time with the newest catalog in my future.....

Dave

UNIQUEDOT
11-07-2011, 03:09 PM
George;

Thanks for the info. I was under the impression the Multihull was the Cheddite hul?

Dave

BPI has the Cheddite hull clearly listed as being the "multi-hull", but Cheddite probably makes all the clear hulls for Fiocchi, rio, etc. the primers would likely be different in them though.

http://www.ballisticproducts.com/Cheddite-Multi-Hull-12ga-2-3_4-clear16mm-bag_100/productinfo/1391270/

gfisher
11-07-2011, 03:23 PM
As I understand what he was saying many hulls are designed with the same internal design to save on R&D Costs on finding wads/powders, etc. Not sure who makes what, Uniquedot could be right and they are all made by one place. I was told the Fiocchi Hulls, the Multi-Hull and the old no longer produced Activ hulls all had the same inside Specs. I see even some manuals list these three hulls under the same heading, while others list them separately.

-George

UNIQUEDOT
11-07-2011, 03:43 PM
I do think i recall reading somewhere that they are the same hull and are made by cheddite, but some manufacturers use their own primers, but cheddite probably makes them as well. I am pretty sure the old activ hulls had a greater internal capacity than any of these hulls though. I think i still have a couple of them around here. If one is interested in hulls with the largest capacity they are Federal plastic hunting cases. They are one piece and look similar to the gold medal, but have the greatest internal capacity of any hull on the market. Federal's buckshot is factory loaded with these hulls and the 2.75" hulls have more capacity than some 3" hulls.

crisis_12
11-07-2011, 05:06 PM
I called BP again this am and they sorted me out. I got an email with exactly what I needed and had a fruitful afternoon reloading! Hopefully I can fit in range time this week to see how they work out.

samcolt87
12-24-2011, 05:07 PM
let us know how it goes