PDA

View Full Version : Eyeglasses shooting aperture?

Markbo
11-06-2011, 12:30 PM
I have used the Merit Optical stick on aperture with great success the last few years as my sights mysteriously grow some kind of fuzz one them. But whatever new and improved material is being used for my eyeglasses has stumped me. Nothing will stick to them!

Not the little suction cup or the cheap peel and stick ones. Short of poking holes in electrical tape, I don't know what would do. Can anyone recommend one that is easily applied and removed from glasses?

Thanks
Mark

williamwaco
11-06-2011, 12:39 PM
I have used the Merit Optical stick on aperture with great success the last few years as my sights mysteriously grow some kind of fuzz one them. But whatever new and improved material is being used for my eyeglasses has stumped me. Nothing will stick to them!

Not the little suction cup or the cheap peel and stick ones. Short of poking holes in electrical tape, I don't know what would do. Can anyone recommend one that is easily applied and removed from glasses?

Thanks
Mark

Mark.

I use the little peel and stick ones. I have the miracle coating. on my glasses.

Here is what I do.

I find that at best they will stick only once or twice and then no more.

Most of the time, I use clip on reading glasses. Bought them at Walmart. I chose them to allow me to focus clearly on the point of a ball point pen held at arm's length. I stick the aperture to the clip-ons and leave it there. It will usually stay there for several months.

When I want to attach it to my real glasses, I clean them first with alcohol and a CLEAN cloth. Then be VERY careful not to touch the surface of the stick-on aperture with your finger. Then press it tightly to the lens. ( your coating may be more miraculous than mine )

PS! I forgot. When you take it off your glasses, always put it back on the backing paper exactly where you took it off. If you don't it will not work next time.

Shuz
11-07-2011, 11:06 AM
You might try and find a jeweler's loupe frame that would accommodate your Merit.

bobthenailer
11-07-2011, 11:37 AM
i use the meret disc with a approate power pair of reading glasses and use a small fishing gismo that lets you change lures by unhooking the clasp, and attache it to my glasses and disc because they do fall of frequently enough that in time you will not find it or someone will walk on it and ruin it , i ve seen either senairo happen several times when shooting outdoors with several people

williamwaco
11-08-2011, 03:16 PM
i use the meret disc with a approate power pair of reading glasses and use a small fishing gismo that lets you change lures by unhooking the clasp, and attache it to my glasses and disc because they do fall of frequently enough that in time you will not find it or someone will walk on it and ruin it , i ve seen either senairo happen several times when shooting outdoors with several people

Bob.
Could you expand on this gadget?

What is it?

Where could we get one?

bobthenailer
11-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Its a ball/ swivel assembly that you tie the line to one end and use the locking clasp on the other to attache fishing lures in a jiffy . hope that helps ?

fishhawk
11-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Sounds like it's whats called a "snap swivel" to me. I am having the same problem with sights does that merit optical device actually work? steve k

SmuvBoGa
11-09-2011, 02:28 PM
I use the Merit adjustable, it works on making the front sight be in focus; I superglue it onto a clip-on sunglasses. I use a snap swivel & fishing line to make a saftey line so when the eyepiece falls off it just hangs on the side of my glasses - trying to find an $80. Merit in the grass is is hard to do. You can flip up the clip-ons if you want to have a clear line of sight; I bought extra rubber cups so I can un-screw the eyepiece & move to another set of glasses.

Lyman has a LOW end plastic eyepiece approx $12.00 +/- ; it is NOT adjustable but try it 1st before buying the Merit. You can "see" if it works for you & not be out $80.

Markbo
11-13-2011, 09:51 AM
All of these peek through devices work. Just a matter of getting it in just the right place and staying there! ;)

twotoescharlie
11-13-2011, 01:59 PM
make one out of a pair of the clip on-flip up sunglasses. been using one for about ten years,works well and cost about $3.00 at the dollar store.

TTC