PDA

View Full Version : Ghostly Encounter!

Jason30-30
11-04-2011, 07:28 PM
I have drove through the main road from work to my house thousand of times for the past 15 years. But Last night as i was about 2 miles away from my house coming from work out of NOWHERE A HUGE black shadow appeared about 5 yards in front of my truck. I slammed on the brakes and doing so my truck did half a donut on the street. I aint going to lie i got REALLY scared. The shaddow appeared in front of my truck in an instant it had no form or shape i only saw it for a split second but it looked like a cloud as i recalled.

I came to the conclusion that it was late and that i was tired but i have had other experiences with the " paranormal"...

Anyone have similar experiences?

Beekeeper
11-05-2011, 01:42 PM
It is called "The Black Dog"
It only appears when you are dead tired and about to have an accident.
Be thankful that you saw him in time and was able to stop.
Has happened to me several times when I was in the beekeeping business and working a full time job to boot.

beekeeper

Hardcast416taylor
11-05-2011, 03:23 PM
NO JOKE! Were the neighborhood dogs carrying on barking and howling?Robert

Ugluk
11-05-2011, 03:30 PM
And it's a really good Led Zeppelin song too..
[smilie=1:
Heyhey mama mm the way you moove, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove..

The Black Dog apparition according to wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_dog_(ghost)

Char-Gar
11-05-2011, 03:35 PM
I was driving through the Texas HIll County in 1963, when I made a turn, there was about a 12 foot brick wall across the road. I could see it as plain as day. I could see the individual bricks in the wall. I hit the brakes and skidded all over the road. When I look up the wall was gone.

This was after 11 hours of driving and no sleep the night before. No doubt I fell asleep for a split second.

DLCTEX
11-05-2011, 05:31 PM
:rolleyes:I saw some pretty weird things in my past life, but they weren't paranormal. Haven't had any recurrence since a change of lifestyles.

firefly1957
11-05-2011, 06:24 PM
The mind can do some tricky things Especially when you are tired I do not know what it was but have seen weird things myself usually I am able to figure out what they were afterwards.

Take care driving out there.

arjacobson
11-05-2011, 07:37 PM
we were harvesting soybeans many years ago and had been putting in killer hours.. I watched a skunk sitting on the bean head for two rounds just riding along.....it was a shadow.. we shut down for the night.

leftiye
11-05-2011, 08:40 PM
My eyes just grey out, and I know it's time to stop for a while.

ElDorado
11-05-2011, 10:29 PM
I was driving through the Texas HIll County in 1963, when I made a turn, there was about a 12 foot brick wall across the road. I could see it as plain as day. I could see the individual bricks in the wall. I hit the brakes and skidded all over the road. When I look up the wall was gone.

This was after 11 hours of driving and no sleep the night before. No doubt I fell asleep for a split second.

My father told me a similar story to this. He was driving an army truck in Korea late one night, and saw a bale of hay in the road. After he slammed on the brakes and stopped, the bale had disappeared.

He chalked it up to sleep deprivation and fatigue.

JSnover
11-06-2011, 02:19 AM
Four of my uncles were long-haul truckers in the 70s. They used to tell me about the things they'd see after too many hours on the road. "Whatever it is, blink your eyes a few times. If it doesn't disappear it's probably real."

JSnover
11-06-2011, 02:32 AM
Years ago I was working doubles and had something like that happen. I was dozing at the wheel when I saw (or imagined) I big, shaggy, nasty looking dog running alongside my car, on the left shoulder. So I shook my head and it disappeared. I rolled my window down for some air and eased into the right lane. Next thing I know something crashed into my rear drivers' side door. Caved the sheet metal in, left wads of hair under the door handle. I pulled over and walked back a ways but didn't see anything. I'm pretty sure there were two or more deer and I managed to get hit by one of them. But the thing I saw didn't have a coat like any deer I've ever seen.

DLCTEX
11-06-2011, 06:52 PM
I had a shadow dart in front of me yesterday, causing me to slam on the brakes. It was a kid about 5 trying to cross the street from between two parked cars. Made me sick even if I did stop in time.

Freightman
11-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Back about 63 or so I was delivering produce up in the northern Panhandle, I was very tired and pulled aside to take a short nap. Well I have no idea how long I was there but some thing or some one steeped on the running board. The truck was running so I slipped it in gear and left. To make a long story short the next week I went on that route there was a grizzly murder at the spot I was sitting, two travelers went to sleep and someone butchered them, needless to say I have never pulled over on a lonely road to take a nap.

Shooter6br
11-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Try Coast to Coast am radio. Plenty of stories about such events from all over the worlkd.

dragonrider
11-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Back when I worked 3rd shift I use to listen to Coast to Coast with Art Bell, it was amusing to say the least, phony of course but amusing. I remember one program when he had a guy on the phone who claimed to have a hole on his property that was over 80,000 feet deep, straight down. He measured the depth of said hole using 8 roles of monofilament line of 10,000 feet each. Of course there was something living down there as he baited the line with something that was removed. That one kept me laughing all night.

firefly1957
11-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Mel's hole that one died down with the guy claiming the gooberment bought his land and he moved to Australia. It was a hoot you are right.

I know Art Bell lost touch with reality he voted for Obama!

Harter66
11-08-2011, 08:09 PM
After a long weekend,I left from work and drove 6hr to my then BILs place in Vegas follwed by 2 more early mornings and far to late nights , then working on my car for til 4 Sunday afternoon. I was about 30 min from home along a stretch of road we'd seen horses on when we left,this big ol' purple puffy pony walked right out in the middle of the road . I very clearly thought to myself "horses ain't purple ,oh good you're still awake,if this isn't a halucination its gonna suck",and braced on the wheel. Brrrraap brrrapp over the RR crossing ,no horses no purple goo. It was just a raw sleep deprived misfire.

I worked as a armed guard for a short time . On this particular facility on 2 separate occasions in 2 different locations I expirenced things that have no other explaination. The 1st had an accident in the early 70s involving 8" howidzer projectiles . I was shaking doors on that bldg as I reached out for the last door there was a crack/pop like settling hydrolics on heavy equiptment,followed by a low holler then 2 very clear women saying "oh my god" . I couldn't clear that bldg fast enough, I was pretty rattled. Turned out that a woman that was working in the bldg when the rounds blew up ,passed away the night I was checking the bldg.
The second 1 I was checking a dock ,walking back to my truck . The dock have doors on both sides and are 300 ft long and you have to walk 1 side there's just no other way to do it right. I was about 60 feet from the steps back to my truck, not a sound,just me and my boots on concrete. Something hit the back of my calf then pulled my pants leg . I goose stepped about 20 feet before I turned to see what was there . There was nothing there I walked back an checked every nook ,nothing. Years afterward I saw some 3 lens video ,IR ,night vision, and standard. Right there where it happened is a pretty clear out line of a 40s Marine and a guard dog . A security superviser is seen on the dock walking behind it and then back through it.

I get the hair crawl all over this valley from time to time.

mroliver77
11-09-2011, 01:12 PM
:rolleyes:I saw some pretty weird things in my past life, but they weren't paranormal. Haven't had any recurrence since a change of lifestyles.

I know just what you mean DLC.
J