PDA

View Full Version : Black Thursday, for roosters

frkelly74
11-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Yesterday was the day of destiny for the four roosters whom we had dubbed the gang of four. They are now resting peacefully in the freezer. They will no longer Peck , harass, fight with each other over the hens . They will no longer trample most of the food under foot and crow for hours and generally make a nuisance of themselves. They will no longer strut and show off their magnificent colors for all to see. They are no longer beautiful. They are reduced to food. The silence is erie, I kind of miss them, they had a real zest for life that I find myself admiring in retrospect. To stand in the mud surrounded by fellow beings that together only barely have enough smarts to go in out of the rain and raise your head and scream out your challenge to all comers, some one should write a song.

P.K.
11-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Well the upside is sustinance for you and yours. ;-)

waksupi
11-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Here's a rooster song for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMJkMA7EW9E

frkelly74
11-04-2011, 09:21 AM
And the noise level is down. They will be delicious!

KYCaster
11-04-2011, 07:03 PM
To stand in the mud surrounded by fellow beings that together only barely have enough smarts to go in out of the rain and raise your head and scream out your challenge to all comers,

I usta work with a guy like that. :violin:

Jerry

jsizemore
11-04-2011, 07:33 PM
And it's a year before the presidental election is over.

10x
11-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Homemade stuffing, roasted with potatoes, turnips, carrots, and a gravy made from the drippings in the roaster pan. With lowbush cranberries picked and boiled to a jelly....
And chicken sandwiches in the lunch the next day.
Fond memories from my youth.

jblee10
11-04-2011, 10:54 PM
I actually like my eggs scrambled, hold the blood spot.