PDA

View Full Version : 4 Bore Fun and Pain

AkMike
02-14-2007, 04:36 AM
Talk about a kicking good time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElmlIyOtf1Q

Bigjohn
02-14-2007, 05:20 AM
I can't work out who would be hurtin' more.

Two asprin for one and a tube of sports liniment for the other; OUCH!

John.

SharpsShooter
02-14-2007, 08:15 AM
First time I've ever seen firing a gun as a team effort.

SS

NVcurmudgeon
02-14-2007, 11:36 AM
About 45 years ago, when I was young and dumb enough to shoot ANYTHING, I fired one round from an 8 bore. The owner had been to Africa and killed an elephant with it. He would stand behind the shooter and catch the barrels as they rose in recoil. I don't remember any pain, but the push was irresistable!

Shepherd2
02-14-2007, 04:49 PM
My wife and I were trying to decide if the guy to the right of the shooter got hit in the head when the gun recoiled. It looks like he did. I'm not especially recoil sensitive but I don't think I'd try that. Correction, I know I wouldn't.

I sent the link to my son and told him to forward it to his buddy that plinks with a .375 H&H.

Boz330
02-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Shot a .577 Nitro once, the gun was torqued as the bullet started down the barrel and the stock actually slapped my bicep and bruised the he!! out of it. I decided that I really didn't want to kill a jumbo. Those guns look even worse. It's nice to say that you have shot one but thats all.

Shepherd, I to think that the guy to the right got hit in the head, boy I bet that smarts.

Bob

versifier
02-14-2007, 09:30 PM
I touched off one once. I hung on tight, but it took me right off of my feet and laid me flat. Had a bruise the size of a honeydew melon on my shoulder and couldn't lift my arm above shoulder level for a week. Not a fond memory. [smilie=1:

Jetwrench
02-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Looked painful to me. Did you guys look through the videos and see the Punt Gun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7FeeamC4qk I like guns but :holysheep thats just crazy. JETWRENCH

Boz330
02-15-2007, 09:58 AM
In a war that would be called a cannon.

Bob

Shepherd2
02-15-2007, 12:32 PM
James Michener wrote quite a bit about punt guns in "Chesapeake". Market hunters mounted these guns on punts and slipped up on sleeping groups of waterfowl in the early morning hours. They'd fire these guns and bag huge quantities of birds. The guns had to be fastened securely or the recoiling gun could take out the rear of the boat. At some point the guns were outlawed and some hunters went to great lengths to hide them so they could continue to use them.

Jetwrench
02-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Shepherd2, sounds like a good read. JETWRENCH