PDA

View Full Version : cheap 22 auto

izzyjoe
10-30-2011, 11:19 AM
i bought a cheap 22 auto from a friend for a song, it's a FIE E22. it's missing a few parts, and i guess i'll have to make them, cause i've checked a few places and nobody has parts for it. but i don't want to put alot into it, i just want to get it to fire, and then go from there. it's missing the firing pin, the extractcor, and the firing pin saftey. those should not be hard to make, i was just wondering what ya'll thouhght. it may become the paper weight that it is now!

Ragnarok
10-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Sounds like a clunker to me!

How do you make the parts if you don't know what they look like?

I would start looking for parts to fix it myself..or another clunker of like model..so you can take two and make one good one.

TCLouis
10-30-2011, 02:41 PM
Gun Parts Corp, Sarco and a few others might need to be your friend for a while.

Soliciting parts on the net will likely pay off also.

izzyjoe
10-30-2011, 03:18 PM
i've checked with gunparts, they did'nt have much for it. i'll check with sarco. it's not easy to make parts if you don't know what they look like, but it can be done. that's where modeling clay is you'r friend. firing pins are usally easy to make, you can use old broken round shaft screwdrivers.

MBTcustom
10-30-2011, 05:38 PM
Old cheap, .22s are notoriously hard to work with. I just off loaded a wards westernfield that had a slight feeding issue "worked most of the time". I couldn't find parts for it anywhere because it was basically a "run it till it drops and buy another one" rifle.
In my mind, thats where Bill realy changed the .22 market with his 10/22. It wasn't a sewing machine like all the others....it was a jack-hammer.
Still, let me know if you need a hand with a lathe or whatever.
Also, can you post a picture? I have an old semi-auto action with no barrel. Its a shot in the dark at a needle in a haystack, but wouldn't that be a kick if they matched?

tacklebury
11-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Might be able to convert it to a .22 Muzzle loader like I have done here:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=129107

Hehe lots of fun if you can figure out a bolt release. ;)