PDA

View Full Version : RCBS customer service!

tommag
02-12-2007, 02:23 PM
I just called them to order a new decapping/expander unit for my 6.5 swede.(don't ask) The man said thanks, I'll get that right out and send some extra pins too. No credit card needed. Ten years ago, I tried to order numerous small parts missing from a bunch of yard sale stuff. I even told them it was yard sale stuff I was fixing. Everything sent without charge!

James Wisner
02-12-2007, 04:09 PM
I had bought a new lubersizer in Nov., Finially got to use it and the dang thing had a pin hole in the side of the casting.
I called them, and they said no problem. just send it back.

Had a new one in my hands in 8 days.

All I was out was the frieght and one tube of rifle lube. which they replaced with their pistol lube.

They sent me the toggle parts to rebuild Dad's 1973 RockChucker last year, no charge.

Jim Wisner

The Last Boyscout
02-12-2007, 06:39 PM
I bought the RCBS Rock Chucker Master reolading kit back in 92'. About 10 years ago I dropped the uniflow powder measure and broke a chunk out of the top of it. I glued it back on with Elmers and it stayed until about 2 weeks ago. I e-mailed RCBS about purchasing a replacement hopper and they mailed me one out no charge !!!! FOLKS NOW THAT IS SERVICE. I highly recommend RCBS, in the day of most manufactures trying to weasel out of a legitmet warranty claim they truly are a step above.
+1 for RCBS

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Yes, in my opinion, RCBS has the best warranty service in the business, bar none.

Dave

madcaster
02-12-2007, 09:30 PM
That's just par for the course for RCBS,and that's why i try to buy their stuff!GREAT COMPANY!!!

verney
02-13-2007, 08:15 AM
RCBS has excellent customer service and it works even when you live outside USA. In many cases there is customer service until you mention that you live outside USA.

Lloyd Smale
02-13-2007, 08:41 AM
toss up between rcbs and dillon for the best service in any industry!

jeff223
02-13-2007, 09:51 AM
ive had great luck with their customer service too

lovedogs
02-13-2007, 10:44 AM
The only glitch I've ever had in RCBS warranty has been with their scales. Instead of doing their usual no-questions-asked replacement they referred me to Ohaus. But you guys are right on, they've got really excellent service. No complaints from me. Most of my reloading stuff is green.

tanstafl10
02-13-2007, 01:01 PM
ditto tommag, except mine was for my 30-30 die purchased in '78.
extra pins, too.

I buy as much as I can with RCBS

mike in co
02-13-2007, 01:09 PM
ok...i'll be the one negative in the batch....
yes i have had great service in the past...but

when the wrench for the lube on my sizer died......guess what....no replacement/no help.........

thought that was kinda strange.......

no suggestions...no nothin'

all else has been good......

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Mike,

They've changed the design on that lube sizer and it no longer has a wrench. I suspect you'd have to get the new style luber sizer in order to get the new "gadjet" that they have in place of that wrench.

If you pushed them, I bet they'd replace the whole thing, But personally, looking at the new rig the new luber sizer has now, I'd just go buy a ratchet wrench and socket that fits it and forget it, as that new gadjet looks like a pita to use. one of those situations where bean counting redesigned a product to cut costs and didn't improve it.

Regards,

Dave

floodgate
02-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Mike, Dave:

I think the old ratchet wrench was the same as the one on the Lyman, and was made by Chapman. Brownell's and others offer them in the little "pocket" screwdriver sets, and I think Chapman themselves are still around somewhere. One of my old Lyman No. 45's came with one in a nice mottled case-hardened finish, sorta like the old Stevens colors.

floodgate

wills
02-13-2007, 04:27 PM
How about
http://www.mytoolstore.com/chapman/chaccess.html
http://www.chapmanmfg.com/default.htm

fatnhappy
02-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Chapman is very much in business, and made in America to boot. I use a couple sets on a daily basis.

FWIW Mike, just use a 1/4"ratchet with a 1/4" socket. Does exactly the same thing last I checked.

Oh yeah, I'm a big fan of RCBS service. When I first started reloading I bent my decap stem in a .30-06 FL sizer. One 15 minute call, 2 days later I had a new stem, a spare expander button and a dozen pins.

No_1
02-13-2007, 08:15 PM
I use them all. Lee, Honady, RCBS, Dillon, Lyman and I am sure there are some odd balls here too. I have had great service with Dillon but they dropped me from their mailing list a couple of years ago. I called for an order and ask to be put back on the list. That lasted a couple of flyers then it stopped again but I have never had a problem with them fixing their stuff. RCBS has done me well too. Bought a few used sets of their dies that had broken parts. One call and the stuff was at the door with spares. The other folks I have not had problems with their stuff yet but I believe if I ask, they might do me right also.

Robert

waksupi
02-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Mike, find yourself a small ratchet socket, and use it. works better than the original, in my opinion.

carpetman
02-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Mike offer to pay them with PayPal and they'll probably find one for you.