PDA

View Full Version : new mold

02-12-2007, 10:00 AM
i am thinking of a new mold. i have lyman 200 gr swc the short nose one with 2 grease groves. also lee 190 re same look. i have 2 nel 1 6 cv and 1 4 cav. realy like the nei. these are for target shooting and need a lots of bullets. that is why most people want a 6 cv mold. if weight and price were aot a problum, would you go with nei 6 cav alum or there meehanite mold?? which one works best, gives best bullet, workd the fastice? nei has a 45cal #291a 205 gr 1 grease grove bb short nose i am thing about. i like the bullets with the most barrel ridding area. last question do any or you have nei in meeha. and same in alum ? how to they compare? thanks

arkypete
02-12-2007, 10:10 AM
I bought a Saeco 45 cal 200 grain short nosed four cavity mold then was lucky and bought a second one on Ebay for one third the price.
When I cast I use both alternately.
The most accurate 45 bullet I have is NEI's 220 grain copy of the H&G 68 in four cavity aluminium. Again I'll use another four cavity when I'm casting to allow the molds to cool while I'm filling the other.
To speed up the process I have a piece of aluminium plate 1/4 inch thick to set the mold on while I fill the second.
In answer to your question with equal quality molds, that excludes all Lee molds, I've found no difference between aluminium and Mehanite.
Jim