PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l ctr for enviro. health??

rockrat
10-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Anybody heard of these people. There is an article in a local paper that is pretty well a hack job against lead bullets used on game, and this center is noted with a study that they are hazardous' Lead ingestion from eating game shot with lead bullets.

Article is by Dave Buchanan in the Grand Junction, CO's paper "The Daily Sentinel" yesterday, the 26th

P.K.
10-27-2011, 10:50 AM
It's within the CDC.

frkelly74
10-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Well you know that lead is much more toxic than it used to be.

Crawdaddy
10-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Yep. All of us casters will be dropping over any time now

Ronbo256
10-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Not to mention all the recyclers , tire changers, and battery makers.

P.K.
10-27-2011, 10:30 PM
It's within the CDC.If the CDC says so.....:bigsmyl2:

Rokkit Syinss
10-27-2011, 11:06 PM
It seems they've lowered the PEL's over the last few years and the enviro folks at work tend to lose it over lead, driven of course by the titular center of the thread. If I have to suffer through one more summer intern and their lead exposure studies with laughable results I don't know what I'll do. They freak out at the silliest levels detected, read that as barely above reliable detection level and recommend all kinds of seriously stupid levels of PPE.

Insert Chicken Little here: You should be wearing gloves and heavy duty lab coats and masks and have big monster air scrubbing exhaust systems and maybe switch to lead free solder!

Insert grumpy silverback (male or female here): Yeah kid, we get that lead is bad to throw in the trash but beyond that it's real simple. Don't chew the solder. Wash your hands with soap and water. A small fan suffices for fumes from soldering irons or a fume hood for solder pots. Don't chew the solder. Lead free will never happen in high reliability, go look up metal whiskers kid. Oh yeah, if any of us were going to have problems from lead it would have shown up in the past 30-40 years.

So yeah, shooters aren't the only ones the Center For Environmental Health makes crazy.

Thin Man
10-28-2011, 11:27 AM
I know a character who works for the CDC. He has coined a phrase that goes like this: "Lead has been making people in this country stupid for over 200 years." Dang, I didn't realize he was THAT old........

He is rather highly placed in that workplace. The last time we spoke he was slamming boolits, firing ranges, etc. etc. It's easy to see how this mindset has taken hold of him. Not real sure if his opinion on lead is original or adopted. Either way it is bad news, and appears to be company wide.

Thin Man

P.K.
10-28-2011, 11:46 AM
I know a character who works for the CDC. He has coined a phrase that goes like this: "Lead has been making people in this country stupid for over 200 years." Dang, I didn't realize he was THAT old........

He is rather highly placed in that workplace. The last time we spoke he was slamming boolits, firing ranges, etc. etc. It's easy to see how this mindset has taken hold of him. Not real sure if his opinion on lead is original or adopted. Either way it is bad news, and appears to be company wide.

Thin Man

Actually I belive the ball started rolling as soon as the anointed one got into office. The libs knew they wouldn't get much done legislatively they did a 180 and hit us with "executive orders" and "Policy Changes" in the EPA, which incidently is prolly one of the fastest growing agencies in .gov. The bean counter then had to figger a way to pay for the increased size of various agencies and started cutting funding to a number of programs that indirectly affect shooting sports.

Land and Water Conservation Fund Cut 149 mil.
North American Wetlands Conservation Act Cut 10.2 mil.
Wetlands Reserve Program Cut 119 mil.
State and Tribal Wildlife Grants Cut 28.2 mil.
Farm Bill Conservation Section Cut 508 mil.
National Wildlife Refuge System Cut 11 mil.

All mantioned cuts are roughly a 1/3 of the funding these programs recive in a fiscal year. I'd like to see all the shady money returned from those Solargate loans( wait never mind, it's gone.) or better yet indict the whole executive branch and give them the Madoff treatment.

MtGun44
10-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Lies.

Bill

leftiye
10-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Well said.

10-28-2011, 08:50 PM
The agendas started in the '60s, it just took a while to brainwash a generation or two of school kids to be no more than apathetic, non-thinking sheeple. Now that those aged hippies are in positions of power and influence, their agendas -- which don't require congressional approval -- have become/are becoming policy.

In California, Governor Arnold Kennedy-Shriver enacted a law prohibiting lead bullet usage in the certain areas of the state where the Condors live. The original law did not include .22 RF bullets. A very short time later, the Fish and Game Department added .22 RF to the ban and made the lead bullet prohibition state wide. It didn't matter that some calibers/cartridges were not available in non-lead bullets. An example of a non-elected government entity that is not directly answerable to the people enacting laws by fiat.