PDA

View Full Version : Core Mould Interest ?

u.p. north
10-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Been on the phone this morning trying to get some better prices on blank core molds. If I order 10 or more blanks I can get a better price break for you guys. How many of you would be interested in a set of adjustable core molds (6 cavity) bored out to the size you would need and they would be adjustable for your different core weights? I am sure I can make them for you for around $100.00 or maybe a little bit more. Lets run this as a group buy for a week or two and see what kind of interest there will be. Please send me a private message with size you would like. I am going to produce around six of each size hopefully to save on costs. Sprue plate and sprue plate handle are included but not the block handles. I can also get the block handles for a better price also. (I could also do a custom size) if needed.
Thanks,
U.P. North

Here is the shortcut link to the sizes I will offer post #1 towards the bottom (going to do both sizes for jacketed bullets and all lead bullets)http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=129479

30yrcaster
10-26-2011, 03:38 PM
What core sizes are you thinking about?

Pistol or rifle?

How small and how large?

u.p. north
10-26-2011, 06:20 PM
What core sizes are you thinking about?

Pistol or rifle?

How small and how large?

here is the link for the products I have to offer the sizes are listed there: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=129479

Thanks,
U.P. North

The sizes listed work for jacketed and lead bullets (a custom sized one can also be made)

nicholst55
10-30-2011, 06:27 AM
I got the itch, but I don't got the scratch. My job is going away, and I'm not sure what the future holds just yet.

Who says that there's job security with the federal government?

u.p. north
11-05-2011, 05:35 PM
well over 300 views hmmmm

runfiverun
11-05-2011, 06:35 PM
they might be looking for a bit more information.
a core mold in the 180 grain area would work well for bt's 40 to 44 and 40 to 45 die sets.
but the diameter needs be right.
and some guy's want to do for their 308 dies but aren't sure of the diameters they will need.

Jailer
11-05-2011, 08:19 PM
I dare say that if you could come up with an adjustable core mold similar to what stealthshooter or gjemba came up with and be able to offer it at a reasonable price, you'd have a winner on your hands.

u.p. north
11-05-2011, 09:38 PM
I dare say that if you could come up with an adjustable core mold similar to what stealthshooter or gjemba came up with and be able to offer it at a reasonable price, you'd have a winner on your hands.

I was thinking a mold made to the same idea as gjemba's and stealthshooter's. Mounting a plate on the bottom of the mold with a thru hole tapped for a adjustable stud to thread into. I need to get going on these as I told my vendor who gave me the deal on the blanks 2-3 weeks I would let him know.
Thanks,
Tim